Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guide rod

Jeff O

3 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

When are these available, Joe?

Just making some small tweaks to the designs now, and of course running them through some torture test to ensure positive results to the end user. Increased the shoulder diameter slightly to give it a larger bearing face in the frame. 

15 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Just making some small tweaks to the designs now, and of course running them through some torture test to ensure positive results to the end user. Increased the shoulder diameter slightly to give it a larger bearing face in the frame. 

Do you recommend running these with or w/o a buffer.  I don't 'em, but just thought I'd ask. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2017 at 10:30 AM, PatriotDefense said:

.24oz.... as they sit now. Still making a few small tweaks to them but thats a pretty big savings for guys pushing the weight limit in IDPA and Carry Optics.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Need one! Now welfare open is unlimited ammo, one of my Stock II's needs a diet. 

It's amazing to me how many people are suddenly wanting to shoot Welfare Open Minor - now that Carry Optics is a full mag capacity division.

Personally the 10rd limit of production is one of my favorite things about the division. Round count math, and reloading speed are huge strategy & skill factors.

I had no idea that many people hated relaoding more than once!

Edited by MemphisMechanic

It's just......different. Fun trying something else other than open & limited. Variety being the spice and all that. I think it comes down to goals. If you want to class as high as possible, jumping around in divisions won't help much. But if you are having fun, changing divisions is like shooting an entirely different game every time. 

Great looking guide rods! I keep finding stuff I want to buy at PD! Started a new list last night, while a box from PD was waiting for me in my mailbox. 

2 hours ago, OPENB said:

It's just......different. Fun trying something else other than open & limited. Variety being the spice and all that. I think it comes down to goals. If you want to class as high as possible, jumping around in divisions won't help much. But if you are having fun, changing divisions is like shooting an entirely different game every time. 

Great looking guide rods! I keep finding stuff I want to buy at PD! Started a new list last night, while a box from PD was waiting for me in my mailbox. 

Keep the orders coming and we'll keep your mailbox full...... we promise 

22 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It's amazing to me how many people are suddenly wanting to shoot Welfare Open Minor - now that Carry Optics is a full mag capacity division.

Personally the 10rd limit of production is one of my favorite things about the division. Round count math, and reloading speed are huge strategy & skill factors.

I had no idea that many people hated relaoding more than once!

Quite the opposite actually. I'm going to try the advice of Grauffel and shoot an "open" gun to work on my movement.