Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Connector question

polymerfeelsweirdman

I recently installed a TTI connector kit in a gen 3 production gun and it feels pretty good. There were issues getting the trigger to break at first (I suspect it was the safety plunger spring not seating correctly since it is smaller diameter) but after a couple times of disassembly and reassembly it worked great and I had no issues with a quick 100 round test. 

Are there major geometry differences between the TTI connector and the OEM minus connector? Visually they appear very similar to me aside from the nickel coating but the break seems further back with a shorter reset travel distance. 

For a carry gun, would there be anything to be gained from going from an OEM minus to a TTI connector or a Ghost rocket/evo elite? What spring combination would you use for a carry gun? I ideally would run a factory striker spring but am not sure about the trigger return spring or the safety plunger spring. 

Carry guns I usually keep every thing factory with the exception of a Ghost connector with the over travel tab.

That tab has to be fitted! Filed until the gun fires smoothly and basically just stops any un necessary over travel.

Makes for a more accurate gun without the large amount of OT in the factory trigger and the Ghost connector drops the weight of pull down to a reasonable level.

Factory striker/firing pin spring keep good reliability with almost any ammo and gives a good solid wall to come up against after you pull through the pre travel, which gives a good trigger break (if you want to call that trigger break good, its all very subjective depending on which other type of pistols you've shot)

But to summarizes the above has served me well ever since the Ghost connectors have come out regarding Glocks for carry /HD guns

The TTI connector does break at the very end of the pull, and does make a shorter reset.  It's more of a rolling trigger, very smooth throughout the whole travel distance.  It's all in what you like, I've tried most of the connectors made and I keep going back to the oem minus, it's the best combination of everything that I want in a trigger.  Very smooth, you can feel the wall, and a pretty good clean break.  In a carry gun I think I would stay stock.  All of the aftermarket connectors have their own unique feel.  It pretty much boils down to what you like.  I'm running a 4 lb striker spring, an IDP striker, a match plunger spring, and a oem minus connector.  I've polished everything that makes contact and I've got a 2.5 lb trigger that sets off all the primers that I've tried so far.

Have any of you had reliability or safety issues with your connectors?  I know some have had AD's on letting the trigger out effectively making an accidental binary trigger. 

Right now I'm looking at another TTI connector and an NP3 coated (-) connector.  I haven't had my current TTI connector long enough to feel it out for problems though. 

I never had problems with the ones I have fitted.

They key is to leave a few thousandths of overtravel, just like on a steel framed gun with a setscrew, where you adjust it until the gun will barely dial to fire, then back it out a half turn or more.

With the ghost I file until it allows the striker to drop and then file a bit more so there's a tiny bit of visible overtravel in your trigger mechanicsm.

Glocks, like 1911s, can do all manner of stupid things if you fit everything too tightly and then the gun gets hot. Or dirty. Or wears.

So I just installed a Ghost rocket and I really don't care for it. I had it fitted so the overtravel stopped right at the trigger break but it felt like the striker was slow or something so I took it further. The pull is light but feels pretty gritty and to be honest the overtravel seems only marginally better than TTI with a worse reset, in the future I think I will just buy more TTI connectors

On 12/30/2016 at 5:15 PM, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

Are there major geometry differences between the TTI connector and the OEM minus connector? Visually they appear very similar to me aside from the nickel coating but the break seems further back with a shorter reset travel distance. 

TTI connector is longer. 

The let off of the TTI is definitely further to the rear that's why the reset is shorter.  Visually I can't see a difference but there is.  If you look at the oem connector the angle is much steeper so you have more force to overcome, but the let off is more crisp.  On the TTI the angle is more gentle so the let off is longer but the force is way less.  It's described as a rolling break.  It all depends on what you like.   Short crisp break where there is a definite wall or the long gentle pull.  To me the glock minus connector splits the difference.  The coating makes little difference because I polish everything to a mirror finish.

Ghost evo or 3.3 pro provide a very nice rolling break that I find to be beneficial to accuracy at match speed. The TTI definitely is shorter and more crisp. I would recommend trying both and seeing which one works best for you. I use a Vanek ejector housing with all of my Glock triggers as it provides set screw adjustment of pre and over travel. I remove more than enough material from the ghost tabs and then use the over travel set screw to fine tune. Never had any reliability issues out of my triggers once I learned what needed to be done. I have 2 carry guns, one stock and one with the entire Zev catalog on it. I have confidence in both of them.