Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar Sto Pistols?

fishnfst

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got our 1st batch of frames last Thursday, and we are hoping to finish up all of our fixturing and CNC programming this week. With a little luck we will be running our 1st batch of complete guns next week with the 1st three going to the state for California certification. The rest will be demo and display guns. As soon as we complete the 1st demo gun it will go on the website. Hopefully we will have a demo/display gun available at the Pala match coming up in two weeks and will have at least one at the Golden Bullet match in Richmond for sure.

For the other 49 states we are currently producing both Limited and Open guns and should have some pictures of those up as well by the end of the month.

If anyone is interested we are holding back serial numbers BSH0001-10 for a special signature series of guns with price varying depending on options. 3 have already been reserved with deposits but there are 7 left. If anyone is interested give me a call at the shop for details..........

Also we are looking at various types/styles of serrations for the slide trying to find something a little different, something that looks cool while still working. Anybody got any ideas?????????????

Also we are looking at various types/styles of serrations for the slide trying to find something a little different, something that looks cool while still working. Anybody got any ideas?

Nothing says speed like hot rod flames.

I'm looking forward to seeing the gun at the Golden Bullet.

Do I get a cupie doll if I guess what the BSH serial # prefix stands for? :)

Also we are looking at various types/styles of serrations for the slide trying to find something a little different, something that looks cool while still working. Anybody got any ideas?????????????

You could do round serrations-- like a target. I don't think anybody does that, and it would be easy with CNC.

On the flames, Mike Caylor has a cool Glock with hard-chrome flames on it-- It looks like he polished the slide, covered the flame part and bead-blasted it, then chromed the whole thing. They're hard to even feel, so gripping is out..

Unfortunately the state gets to keep them... One is pretty destroyed being dropped and such. One is kept completely brand new and intact for storage and future reference. The last one I think the DOJ guys just pass it around and keep it as a play toy:) J/k don't really know what htey do with the third one... I think its on their website though....

I too can't wait to see one.... It'll be great if there is one at the Golden Bullet... Maybe we'll get to fondle it as well.....

Bob, how about stipling the front or back slide, like you would do a sti/svi grip.

Or maybe welding some extra material to the end and modifying it to something that would be easier to grip the rear. Or a raised stippled weld.

I don't know if it will work, but it just popped into my head, like a daydream.

We are using a semi finished forged frame and slide and then doing all the finish machining in house.......

Stippling the slide is an interesting idea but would be fair expensive to do and we are trying to hold the price down as much as we can. However we would be happy to build a custom version anyway you like............... :)

In my opinion the only serrations that look RIGHT on a 1911 are old school colt serations, prefrably on the rear only.

Hells yeah!

I assume your current gun uses iron sights, is chambered for 45acp, and doesn't have a comp????????

Hells yeah, AGAIN!!!! :P

It would be really nice if you produce essentially an unfinished gun. That way we can buy the gun and send back everything except the frame. Those parts can go on the next CA-legal gun. Most shooters only want a frame, and not a complete gun.

SVI will only sell a complete gun, but we're limited to what SVI will do. That doesn't give us the option of having a gun built say by Benny Hill.

Bob,

You are already building one I like...hope to see you at Golden Bullet @ Richmond with your new double stack, and hopefully mine too!!

I should have a Cmore for you in the next week or two.

Thanks,

Rodney