Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet weight

I'm currently running 125gr RN.  I found that I can put 3.2g of AA#2 under a 147gr and run it in my pistols at 132PF and then switch to 125gr with the same powder and length to run in my PCC at 135PF.  So basically no messing with the press or powder and I can just keep loading.  AA#2 was already my preferred powder anyway.

I just run a 124 MTGHP on top of 6 grains power pistol 1.150 for everything. shoots nice in all my Glocks the caa roni carbine. I shot it in a friends AR carbine 16 inch still nice. plan on using for my 8" AR SBR with Glock bolt and mags when the stamp gets here.

Hello: I have tried 115,124 and 147's so far. The 115's are a little harsh and follow up shots not as quick. The 124's are my current choice since they shoot pretty flat and follow up shots come quickly. I need to test the 147's some more and also some 122's. These are all coated bullets using Tite Group powder at 131-134PF in a 16" barrel AR based 9mm. For the Mech Tech the 124's are the winner. I have a lot more testing time with the Mech Techs I have had over the years. Thanks, Eric

originally Precision Delta 147 out of my G34 as I've always liked the longer bearing surface for accuracy...recently switched to 135 coated Bayou with Win Super Field for both the G34 and PCC... I'll have a mag or so of factory Federal 147s to the Fla State match next month in case Shannon puts some little targets out past 50m...

2 hours ago, Onepocket said:

I have tried 145 and 124's and they just felt a little sluggish to me. 

Yeah, mouse fart minor loads with heavy bullets feel very sluggish in mine as well. I actually like 124's loaded a little hot the best. Not MAJOR hot, just slightly above minor loadings for pistol.

34 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

To summarize all the above points:

The 105's to 147's are The Best ...   :D

I was thinking the same thing! In reality, they all work well enough to get started with PCC. If you decide to stick with it as main division then do serious load development.

Hello: The 124's, 3.1 grains of Tite Group, 1.145" OAL and Winchester or Federal primers is a sweet load in a AR 9mm with a 16" barrel. 131-134PF and soft shooting. You may have to balance your buffer and spring setup to make it even sweeter. I would try 121-147 range and see what you like best. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Onepocket said:

High power Jack helpful as always.  I was looking for people that put in the time to get the least amount of dot bounce. 

My guess is that  all  of the people who took the time to respond to your question

"put in the time" - they're a real knowledgeable group of shooters.    :)