Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo: Short Video Thread

ElMateo487

Maybe this'll catch on, maybe not. But post a video of you shooting your Tanfoglio.

Requirements:

- Must be a Tanfo

- Video must be less than 1 minute

maybe choose a stage you are proud of? Or a stage you did horribly and want to talk about?

But the point being it should be short! I'll be honest, most people don't want to watch your 8 minute long video. Haha. Maybe I am wrong? Maybe it is only ME who doesn't want to....

Here is mine:

My second Steel match. Doing mostly IDPA over the last few months, this is my first season shooting competitively on any platform.

13 hours ago, ElMateo487 said:

My second Steel match. Doing mostly IDPA over the last few months, this is my first season shooting competitively on any platform.

Why on earth didn't you change mags between the first and second positions?

I loved the no no NOOO text on the screen, but you did "mallninja!" wrong by going slow-motion with the reload. You look slow! Next time play that part at 1.25 x speed so people mistake your reload for Alex Gutt's.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Why on earth didn't you change mags between the first and second positions?

I loved the no no NOOO text on the screen, but you did "mallninja!" wrong by going slow-motion with the reload. You look slow! Next time play that part at 1.25 x speed so people mistake your reload for Alex Gutt's.

Bahaha so much raw truth! Lol. I didn't change mags between positions because I am a noob. That's the only reason.

I slowed the reload down because I wanted to show how I improved my reload speeds by gradually just turning up the speed of each video. You caught me.

30 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Ahh! Like El Mateo, it took me to the entire video on my iThingy Six as well.

(Plus I'm subscribed, and had already watched it)

Hey thanks for subscribing! Sorry iPhones are so silly, its time marked on the post now. 

I don't want to have to make a video on youtube for one stage :P

38 minutes ago, WJM said:

Hey thanks for subscribing! Sorry iPhones are so silly, its time marked on the post now. 

I don't want to have to make a video on youtube for one stage :P

I did. And it's one that pretty much just highlights the fact that I can reload this damn gun yet.

;)

5 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I did. And it's one that pretty just highlights the fact that I can reload this damn gun yet.

;)

Reloading them are tough. Once I figured out that I have to get a consistent grip on the mag, and not moving the gun to a specific position, it helped me reload a lot more consistently. I don't really care about how FAST I reload, but about how many times I can reload consistently.

Something I learned from a dinner with a couple National contenders was consistency and transitions. 

27 minutes ago, WJM said:

I don't really care about how FAST I reload, but about how many times I can reload consistently.

Well yeah. That's the same thing I said back when my reload was consistently a 1.2 - 1.5 second affair.

Now that I'm on an unfamiliar platform coming off of 3 years away from the sport, my load feels closer to 5 seconds and has got to actually be well over 2. Suddenly I care about having a fast reload again.

(Yours aren't as fast on a Tanfo as Gutt's, but you're no B-class slacker, either.)

7 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Well yeah. That's the same thing I said back when my reload was consistently a 1.2 - 1.5 second affair.

Now that I'm on an unfamiliar platform coming off of 3 years away from the sport, my load feels closer to 5 seconds and has got to actually be well over 2. Suddenly I care about having a fast reload again.

(Yours aren't as fast on a Tanfo as Gutt's, but you're no B-class slacker, either.)

It kinda all depends on the stage for me. If I am doing a standards I know I need to nail a reload and the movement of my feet and the grip on my hands, angle of the gun, etc. So in that case I am putting more thought into my reload, and can usually nail it a lot smoother and quicker. 

If I am just leaving a position I am not thinking about reloading, I am thinking of the front sight and where I am going next if that makes sense.

Either way I am just working on a good consistent grip on the magazine once my hand leaves the gun to retrieve the next magazine. Once this occurs and I have a good grip on the mag I can with about 90-93% consistency get a smooth 1.0-1.2 reload to a 7 yard target. Further than that and its usually 1.5 seconds.

Anyways hijacking thread.

Wyatt - out