Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC in... IDPA ?

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, IntenseImage said:

That's if they count muzzle devices on that measurement

I would assume so as Wilson Combat  doesn't make a 10" version of their Carbine.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, MickB said:

Does that Lantac do anything to minimize muzzle rise vs the bird cage?

Mick

Enough to warrant me buying one when originally I was against it :)

Edited by DocMedic
34 minutes ago, jrswanson1 said:

Would you rather defend yourself with a pistol or a carbine?

I'm on a website dedicated to a pair of sports in which you're perforating 1/8" cardboard at the highest possible speed.

That does indeed include IDPA completely and totally.

I think you're lost, sir. 

Also, the correct answer is "shotgun" :D 

Edited by MemphisMechanic
On 11/21/2016 at 3:35 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Just like you're required to do in 3-gun, USPSA Multigun, and USPSA PCC?

A righty shooting around the left side of a wall of his left shoulder is a very common weapons-handling skill. That's why there are 327 videos on YouTube dedicated to it.

Yeah and in those sports it's not cover based. I'm not tacticool enough to watch YouTube trainers. True though it's a skill that will need to be used.

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

or just really lean and keep it strong side shoulder. maybe it's cause i'm thin but i can be behind a barricade and shoot my off hand side, staying in cover, with the gun still on my right shoulder.

Snapshot 4 (8-30-2014 5-51 PM).png

This. So far I have been able to lean my way out of switching shoulders on barricades. I shot a stage last weekend where I ended up leaning so far the gun was canted almost 90 degrees.

I haven't been able to lean my way out of mandatory strong and weak hand shooting though. Do they have that in IDPA?

I've submitted some 2017 rule book comments related to PCC division.  The time for submitting comments is just about over (3 December?). 

Add comment(s) around 2.12 for Unload and Show Clear for the carbine instead of 2,12.3.11 (pull trigger) and 2.12.3.12 (holster) to "insert flag safety" and "bag it"..may be "flag it and bag it".

Add comment(s) somewhere around 3.1 or around 8.9 about concealment garments with the carbine.. None required?  Required to conceal the magazines? 

Add comment(s) somewhere about safety specifically for the carbine transporting it to and from the firing line and from stage to stage.  Such as; always bagged and with flag safety until given the load and make ready and going immediately back into the bag after the unload and show clear. 

Of most concern for me is safety with the PCC and specifically not sweeping/ muzzle discipline with it.  Even now after a few months of PCC as a provisional division in USPSA some still just prop their PCC on their range bag and carry it around to and from stages and to and from the firing line muzzle elevated or down (for the most part).  Worse yet from what I've seen sweeping others are those who sling their PCC as a means of transporting it.  3 gun/multi gun is too lax IMHO.  For both IDPA and USPSA my thoughts are to keep safety as close to those arready in place for handguns.  Instead of keeping the handgun in the holster let's keep PCCs in the bag until directed by the SO/RO. (perhaps a shooting cart..but still a bag too :).
Not to drop the "tactical guy I know" bomb but experienced war fighters can not necessarily master that skill either.

Wow, that is deep! I take it you have a lot "tactical war fighter" experience to base that on!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have none.  "But I know a guy" who has been in the Desert conflicts as an Army guy then transitioned to Blackwater etc.  He has vast experience and training and he also can never master the switch shoulder technique.  Some peoples wiring cannot accommodate it.  I have accepted my limitation and use Rowdy's technique.  

For those that have trouble with my description, it looks like this to me, both eyes open.

DSC_0607_zpsuew58jrf.jpg

Edited by dogtired
I have none.  "But I know a guy" who has been in the Desert conflicts as an Army guy then transitioned to Blackwater etc.  He has vast experience and training and he also can never master the switch shoulder technique.  Some peoples wiring cannot accommodate it.  I have accepted my limitation and use Rowdy's technique.  

For those that have trouble with my description, it looks like this to me, both eyes open.

DSC_0607_zpsuew58jrf.jpg

I think you're "friend" is blowing smoke, but that's his issue

All joking aside when you are talking about bad wiring, and based on the picture you are not dealing with this? 2fabeec275fb5a28dc764e1574b86348.jpg

Because yeah there's no fixing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk