Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG MPX

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Honeybooboo said:

Wow. $320 is expensive but worth it I guess. 

Hello: Like anything else if you think it is worth it then it is. I shortened a carbine stock to about 10 1/2" but I have not weighted it yet. I think with some more time and so many people looking at PCC's now lots of new stuff will be coming out next year. People are looking at PCC's for home defense and AR training. Plus they are just fun to shoot. Thanks, Eric

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, RH45 said:

Does anybody know if it's possible to get a short magazine for an MPX.

It's a real P.I.T.A.load testing off a bench.

Load, drop the mag,shoot one, repeat.

Hello: have you tried a 20 round mag? The 10 is the same length as the 20 if you were wondering. Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the input Eric!

I never gave that a thought.

I've seen some Gen1 mags pretty cheap, but, with the mixed reviews, I've never bought one because, with my luck, it will give me problems at the worst possible time, but, for a dedicated "bench" magazine, if it bobbled, I really wouldn't mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone do a conversion, to make these in to a side charger.

I just shot a match yesterday, where 3 out of 4 stages were unloaded starts, and apparently, I'm a pussy, and don't pull the charging handle back all of the way, or, I didn't let it snap forward.:huh:

Also using a Sig MPX and looking for any advice.

What stock do you all prefer? I have the folding skeleton stock now but am thinking about the collapsible MP5-style stock, but not sure if I can get a good/comfortable cheekweld.

I've searched and haven't been able to find a good answer aftermarket triggers. Does Sig still consider the warranty to be voided if we install a different trigger? 

I have the collapsible/telescoping stock on both of mine, and I hated the way they felt. I was going to replace them, until I saw a picture of where someone put some black, foam, pipe insulation over the tubes. Now, they’re comfortable.

I don’t know about warranty, but, with the stock triggers, I thought they sucked, and replaced both with a Hyperfire 243g, which is the same as a 24C, except has a curved trigger 

5 hours ago, RH45 said:

Does anyone do a conversion, to make these in to a side charger.

I just shot a match yesterday, where 3 out of 4 stages were unloaded starts, and apparently, I'm a pussy, and don't pull the charging handle back all of the way, or, I didn't let it snap forward.:huh:

Hello: Do you have a good charging handle like the Radian Raptor or the Next Level? They help a lot. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Do you have a good charging handle like the Radian Raptor or the Next Level? They help a lot. Thanks, Eric

No, I still have the stock charging handles on both. I’m guessing that with the foam I have, over the tubes of the stock, it might have interfered.

13 hours ago, RH45 said:

No, I still have the stock charging handles on both. I’m guessing that with the foam I have, over the tubes of the stock, it might have interfered.

Hello: The Raptor charging handle I have makes charging the MPX way easier than the stock handle. It also has a block that keeps the handle up higher so it does  to rub on the receiver. It is also easier to use with both hands. I plan on trying a Next Level one next if I can find them when they are on sale. Thanks, Eric

Running the Hiperfire ECL in my MPX, and it's the fastest trigger I've ever used.  Noticeably better even than the JP fire control in my JP-15, and it's a really nice trigger.  Buds had them on sale for $199 when I was assembling parts last month. 

There are a fair number of reports of the MPX beating hiperfire triggers into doubling around the 4000 round mark.  Others report going near 10K before the trigger is worn out from the bolt.  Regardless it looks like a fairly quickly wearing part... YMMV.  If the ECL fails before 5K I'll try the SLT-1 trigger next, since it looks to completely negate the wear issue by ditching the disconnector altogether. 

The Raptor handle works fine.  Can't comment on how the stock one feels since I didn't fire the gun with it installed. 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:03 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The Raptor charging handle I have makes charging the MPX way easier than the stock handle. It also has a block that keeps the handle up higher so it does  to rub on the receiver. It is also easier to use with both hands. I plan on trying a Next Level one next if I can find them when they are on sale. Thanks, Eric

When I was shooting a lot of 3-gun, I broke a couple of charging handles, and switched to steel charging handles, and haven't broken one since.

I'm a little leery of buying an oversized, aluminum, charging handle. I doubt any of the manufacturers would warranty them, from doing a one-sided rack.

If somebody made one in steel, I'd order a pair.