Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG MPX

Shot my first PCC match with my son so I’m all in now. Wanting to buy a couple of +10 mag extensions. There are several different manufacturers. Do they all get the job done or is one better than the others? Also wanting to buy aftermarket charging handles for both Gen 2 MPX’s. Next Level Armament, Geissele and Radian would one be better than the other as far as shooting competition. I know opinions vary just wanting to hear from some that have hands on in the competition world.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: I like the Radian Raptor charging handle, Taran Tactical +11 base pads but also like the idea of the Springer Precision segmented mag extenders. Holosun 510C red dot, Shooting Innovations magwell, Isler handguard and you should be ready to rock! Thanks, Eric

18 minutes ago, dlightning said:

I can not find the TTI +10 base pad.  Would you have a link? 

Sorry but I found them.  

I bought mine through Shooter’s Connection.

They have a discount for forum members, and good people.

Springer extensions are great, and they have a very low cost ($5, IIRC) engraving option for putting your name on them.  After buying the mag, extension, and extra power spring (if you want LRBO), you've likely got a 3 figure accessory.  $5 for name engraving is fantastic to help protect that.

Couple of questions before I buy an MPX. 

Is the Sig telescoping/folding stock acceptable, or will I feel the need to change it out asap?

Is the MPX finicky about which AR drop in triggers work?  Would a CMC 4.5lb or a POF efp 4lb work well?  

I didn’t like the metal tube, on the stock, so I put some black pipe insulation over the tubes.

Apparantly, they are hard on triggers. A friend of mine has almost 10k on his Hyperfire 24C, which is why I put Hyperfires in both of mine.

I'm wondering about the stock with the squarish looking tube and adjustable stock.  Not the stock with the 2 metal tubes.  I know I would want to change that one right away.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, Mikelindsey said:

I don’t know about the triggers.  The only ones I have ever got were aTimneys and loved them.

what I did was to buy the MPX by itself as a pistol then buy the stock.  It’s the same size around as an AR spring tube. 1 inch or more.  I really like it as it’s very sturdy.  Cost was only about $5-$10 more than the flimsy stock that goes down both sides of the back sides of the gun.  It folds to make it a pistol or to hide in your backpack.

Edited by Mikelindsey
Needed to add
On 4/4/2017 at 12:51 PM, SergioSF said:

That one from Title II Arms looks really nice and strong. I like it!

My adapter is from Thordsen. It's not as nice looking, and comparing from pictures, the Thordsen seems to put the stock a little lower.  

But hey, it only costs $43 and it's been solid for me so far.

33307513172_2f06b43172_b.jpg

title ii arms stock- very nice

Edited by Rolex

I switched my Title 2 folder out for a traditional tube / adapter.  Why?  I never folded it.  It just added weight and reduced the range of adjustability on the stock.  Plus the title 2 mounting screws in the adapter didn't line up with the through holes on the rail, requiring them to be snugged down and use of lock tight.  Even then it still occasionally came loose. 

The Thordsten adapter doesn't use side clamp screws at all... it uses a center plate that fits into the rail segments.  The description called that a STANAG mounting protocol, but I'm not familiar with that standard.  I just know it works perfectly and has no visible screws once assembled.  Solid as a rock. 

I'll probably sell the folding adapter.  I used the Title 2 stock itself on the new tube and Thordsten adapter, but it's just a bog standard Magpul MOE.

Went over 4K rounds in 3 months of ownership with last weekend's match, with nary a single fault outside of the first 100 rounds through the gun at the sight-in session.  Just flawless.  Knocking on wood like a madman right now...

Received the setup from TitleiiArms- non foldable-  Its OK- the issue is the adapter holes when lined up with the two holes in the Sig lower

make it look like this- does anyone have this setup? Did you find a way to make it look more even? Lot of money to have this-

TitleiiArms needs to restructure where the two holes are= 

20180406_125402.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping this thread from the depths.

Buddy has a Gen 1 8" MPX he's willing to trade me for a Bren 805 'pistol' that I never shoot. With Gen 1 mags seemingly 'around' but hard to find/not cheap anymore are there any downsides to the Gen 1? Reliability, mags, parts? I have no desire to run other calibers. Will strictly be for USPSA PCC.

I figured I'd be replacing trigger, adding stock assembly, Lancer HG, ULW extension, and Timney MPX Trigger right away anyways. 

I'm currently building a Franken-Guard and have been shooting a Franken AR-9. 

• 3 weeks later...