Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11.5" .223 Barrel ideas

Paul-the new guy

I went with an Aero 10.5" upper M4E1 upper on my SBR, pretty happy with it too.  I slapped it together on a budget build, and it eats as much tula, wolf, and monarch as I can feed it, and I just can't seem to shoot the CQC coat out.  IMHO, stuffs better than hard chrome.  Its 4150 CrMo steel, so you get like another 200 degrees melting point over typical 4140...  The accuracy speaks for itself.  And it was like $350...

Be sure to check with the manufacturer of your can.  Some will not warranty them on 11.5 and shorter barrels.

I have a Thunderbeast 223A full auto rated can that I use on my 7.5 inch and 11.5 inch uppers.  SBRs are still loud no matter what can you put on them

14 hours ago, StealthyBlagga said:

The suppressor will likely move the POI, so get the heaviest profile you can find to minimize the shift.

I was a little worried about his.  I sighted my 16.1" LWRC without a can on it.  Last time I shot any distance, I threw my Sure Mini on there and was still getting my hits at 350+.

Not sure why you don't want a 1-7 barrel for a shorty, but if you can live with that twist rate, there are a lot of great barrel makers out there.  I decided recently to order a V Seven barrel in 10.5", if you contact Joel, he offers a "suppressor" version with a smaller gas port.  Very, very nice barrels.  It shouldn't take much surfing for you to figure out that its the lead tech from Noveske that decided to go his own way and continue his innovations.  So far my dealings with the company have been top notch and that is what my next SBR is going to be wearing.  I had a chance to install one and test it a couple of weeks ago for a friend, I was sold before I had any interaction with the company. 

I have a 1-7 that doesn't shoot 55's very well that is why I would prefer a 1-8. I also would like the better velocity of an 11.5" I have read a few places that the difference is pretty significant. I use adjustable gas so I don't need a reduced size gas port. Thank you for the suggestion on V seven

• 2 weeks later...