Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Potential move to Louisville KY

I have a potential work relocation to the Louisville KY area. I'd be working downtown, would like to live a little bit outside the city, and would like to live close enough to be able to shoot USPSA matches regularly. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction of ranges that have matches or potential areas to look for housing? I'd be looking to rent a 3-4 bedroom house. 

Thanks!

Silver creek as noted - Great matches second Sunday

South central gun club in Indiana will be a little bit of a drive, but great USPSA matches - First Sunday

Owensboro Rifle and pistol club is also a little bit of a drive, but again great matches - 3rd Friday and Saturday . Multi gun 2nd Friday Saturday

Lexington is too far for me to drive but a very active club with a very good rep.

Rock Castle (near Bowling Green) is ok but not on par with the rest of the clubs yet. USPSA 4th weekend (I think it is Saturday).

The clubs also offer IDPA/Steels/etc. 

We enjoyed Louisville this past weekend at the 400. Guy Fieri's Smokehouse on 4th street was great. The whole 4th St. Live was fun. And it's so close to Silver Creek. I think the range is shared with several clubs, so matches all the time.

I was in Louisville at a conference last year, loved the place. Everyone was real friendly. I don't know about shooting but go to hammerheads restaurant. Locals told me about it, duck tacos, elk burgers, venison burgers. I had the tacos and a rack of lamb ribs. Great stuff. We were a group of about 10 and everyone raves about it. 

Red

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, DVC502 said:

There is a USPSA match every weekend within 50 miles of Louisville 3 Gun there are a few good matches in Owensboro and Lexington but they have been cancelled more the they are a go 

Do not know about Lexington, I attend the Owensboro club and those folks do not cancel matches if possible. Have been told that they once cancelled a USPSA match because there was a good bit of lightening, but have shot USPSA & 3 gun in the cold & blowing rain there. 

This years schedule is now firmed up.  

2018.pdf

Edited by IHAVEGAS
added schedule