Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New forum software - no 'Zen'

Jollymon32

There was something oddly soothing of the previous forum..... This 'zen' is not present in the new one.

i, for one, have curtailed my visits significantly since the change.  Too cluttered, too brash, too much noise.....

It is 'Wa' disrupting.

7 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

No one is forcing anyone to use the forums...Either get used to it, or move along...they aren't gonna change back...

You've made it clear in other posts that you don't like it either yet you're still here.

Move along is a cop out

4 minutes ago, Sarge said:

You've made it clear in other posts that you don't like it either yet you're still here.

Move along is a cop out

I gave it time....

Sarge, if you hate it, there is another forum I'm sure that you'll fit right into...

7 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

I gave it time....

Sarge, if you hate it, there is another forum I'm sure that you'll fit right into...

I don't hate it. It's just not as good as it once was. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Nothing wrong with admitting it.

let me guess.... Doodie. I'm about as popular there as you are buddy.

edited to add the obligatory smiley face.

:):)

Edited by Sarge

Having been involved with administering a (admittedly failed) forum in the past I wonder if there are skin templates available to change the look and feel of the new version.  Maybe a "classic theme" if this is just a newer version of the same platform. 

That comment was for all the haters to chew on.B)

I agree with GrumpyOne.  At first I was unhappy.   Then I started poking around and found that it wasn't so bad and had improved in many ways. 

40 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

The new format is way more flexible than the old, I think we'll all learn to appreciate it someday ;)

I guess I prefer simple over flexible then. lol