Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What happened to S&B primers?

3djedi

Every time I read about an explosion at a powder plant, I think about the ammonium perchlorate plant (near Henderson, NV?) that blew up. It wasn't just the NH₄ClO₄ (oxidizer) that was the issue, it was the marshmallow plant next door, where the sucrose acted as a great fuel to feed the fire. Nothing like having the oxidizer and the fuel close to each other in LARGE quantities. Sort of like storing potassium cyanide and hydrochloric acid next to each other on the shelf (as I found at one company I worked for)...

this is from powder valley

"S&B does not anticipate delivering any primers in 2016 due to their explosion at their factory which has hindered their production. Every primer they make currently is going into their own ammunition"

this is from powder valley

"S&B does not anticipate delivering any primers in 2016 due to their explosion at their factory which has hindered their production. Every primer they make currently is going into their own ammunition"

oh man that sucks.

Dang.

I remember some educational material or another that said primer factories (at least the ones in question) kept the actual explosives in only very small quantities when they're being handled, and the people actually smearing it into the primer cups were isolated in little blast booths...

Dang.

I remember some educational material or another that said primer factories (at least the ones in question) kept the actual explosives in only very small quantities when they're being handled, and the people actually smearing it into the primer cups were isolated in little blast booths...

We're talking about Russia though. Probably no OSHA over there. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sad to see, the primers were quite a bit cheaper than other options, guess its back to CCI.

Are the CCI's pretty good? I've only used federal and S&B and can't seem to find either.........

I went to cabela's the other day just to see if perhaps they had a few s&b's and not only were those out, they had ZERO small pistol primers of any brand.

CCIs are great but harder than S&B / Federals.

What about winchester? How do they rate?

Teh suck. Hardest to insert and they flip out of my primer slide and go flying. I gave away 3K of them after switching to CCI / Fed.

Winchester is also my favorite primer, and S&B are fine too for me. Too bad they are not longer to find. Last time I bought them for some $18 at Cabela's...last week Cabela's was pretty much out of any pistol primer, just a few boxes LP from Remington on the shelves.

S&B suck!

Don't buy them! You gun will explode. You kids will hate you! Puppy's will die.

If you see any for sale, let me know where so I can buy them!

I've shot about 5k out of my G34 w/reduced striker spring. Every single one went off. The have been 100% for me. I love them! I go into cabelas every few days to see if they have any more in stock. If they do, I'll buy as many as I can.

S&B small pistol are back on Cabela's website.

Buy now, or wait for a sale, that is the question...

Go figure...... I just ordered 10,000 yesterday online and after shipping and hazmat it was nearly $30/1000...... high dollar.

And I check cabela's yesterday before I ordered them.