Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Popularity

johes

On 9/21/2016 at 5:28 PM, chuckstur said:

What's not to like?  Skirts the intent of SSP.  One DA round, then the rest are SA. 

Don't see how that is "skirting" the intent of SSP, when the Rule Book specifically allows it.

For SA/DA guns, ESP has the advantage here - being able to use SA for the first shot. This comes into play heavily during Standards stages where each string SSP has to start hammer down, especially on SHO or WHO strings.  Also on difficult first targets, like small poppers or a clay target like we had on one stage at Nationals.

Edited by ES13Raven

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was using a scale for weighing food. When it was displaying the oz weight it was around 47 oz when set to show grams it was right at 1200, which should be good.  

Im thinking the scale is not as accurate when displaying weight in ounces.   

It's an SP-01 shadow with VZ diamonds, shadow safeties, stainless guide rod, mec-gar 17 rnd nckl pltd mags w/SP base pads. 

Should be under the 1219 grams max weight.  Gonna be close though.  

Edited by B_RAD

On 7/25/2016 at 7:52 PM, johes said:

"And don't like watching guys lower the hammer for a USPSA Production start."

Agreed. Rule is same for IDPA SSP. Should let us stop at half cock same as decocker models. Unnecessarily unsafe in both sports.

Unsafe ??

If you pointed the gun in an unsafe direction while doing it then that would be a dq, I don't understand why the procedure would bother anybody with the gun pointed in a safe direction. 

Unsafe ??

If you pointed the gun in an unsafe direction while doing it then that would be a dq, I don't understand why the procedure would bother anybody with the gun pointed in a safe direction. 

What is the point of the procedure in the first place?
Many dec0ckers go to 1/2 c0ck, why not the same for those without dec0ckers?

Unsafe? Meh. LESS safe? Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, IronArcher said:

What is the point of the procedure in the first place?

As I understand it, the procedure stems from a desire to put striker fired guns on equal competitive footing with da/sa guns. 

• 2 weeks later...

The CZ has become popular for many reasons, one being it can be shot in SSP and USPSA Production.    For me, the ergonomics are excellent and once the trigger is tuned, its by far the best DA/SA trigger out there.  The gun is more accurate than the plastic fantastic and the price is right..

On 10/7/2016 at 6:40 PM, IronArcher said:

Again, with so many guns that have a decocker that drops to 1/2 cock, and that being perfectly legal, why require other guns to drop the hammer all the way down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

USPSA production division?

Pg 85 "Special conditions: Handguns with external hammers must be fully decocked at the start signal"

Maybe you are thinking of a different sport or referring to guns with internal hammers? 

1 hour ago, Sac Law Man said:

The CZ has become popular for many reasons, one being it can be shot in SSP and USPSA Production.    For me, the ergonomics are excellent and once the trigger is tuned, its by far the best DA/SA trigger out there.  The gun is more accurate than the plastic fantastic and the price is right..

Admitting one of my many flaws - if I start d.a. I am not going to get the first shot off before I am ready - with sao and an equivalent sa trigger and match nerves I have done that.

So far I have never let one go in a dangerous fashion (seem to hit alphas as often as not), but it has happened and I have seen others do the same. 

• 2 weeks later...