Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Stock 2 holster, Ghost Stinger or DAA PDR PRO-II ?

mrd

I'm looking for a new holster for my Stock 2 AU (4,75" barrel) to be used in IPSC Production.

I don't want an open holster. I would like "low ride" and a lot of adjustability. I like the muzzle forward position and slightly outwards cant.

I'm looking mainy at the Ghost Stinger and the DAA PDR PRO-II as they seem to tick all the boxes. I'm a little weary about the ball joint on the PDR PRO-II, but it seems to be improved from the first version.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/amadinighostholsters/407-ghost-stinger-holster-for-glock-cz-sti-tanfoglio-1911.html

http://www.doublealpha.biz/pdr-pro-ii

Any input? Has anyone used both and can make a comparison? Any other suggestions is also welcome, however I live in Europe so due to shipping restrictions I can't get the local US stuff. Fire away! :)

I have the original PDR Pro.

The PDR 2's ball joint clamp is the same as the original. It just has a set screw through the middle of it so you can infinitely afjust the holster height along the sliding rail where as the original PDR had preset holes.

That ball joint locks super tight. The clamp has 4 corners that will bite into the ball joint, locking it in place.

Here's a video of my PDR Pro 1. So the Pro 2 would give you even more height adjustment along with a lower opening on the front of the holster body and more clearance for the safety. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies! Since I'm only hearing good things about the DAA PDR PRO holster, I'm thinking the PRO-II will be even better. Would be interesting to hear about the Ghost Stinger as well!

The RHT products seems really nice, but I want to order from Europe for simplicity. Thank you anyway!

I run a ghost stinger holster with my small frame s2. What I particularly liked about the stinger compared to the bladetech holster w/boss hanger setup was how much more secure the s2 felt, yet drawing from the holster was very smooth. I also liked how I could adjust the stinger holster for vertical cant. While there's a lot more adjustment options, I didn't find that to be too much in terms of setup.

Well, both sure seems good and the price is the same too. Either holster would probably be an upgrade for me.

I went ahead and ordered the PDR PRO-II holster. I've seen some negative reviews about Bladetech, though not the Stinger specifically, and that was what pushed me over.

Well, both sure seems good and the price is the same too. Either holster would probably be an upgrade for me.

I went ahead and ordered the PDR PRO-II holster. I've seen some negative reviews about Bladetech, though not the Stinger specifically, and that was what pushed me over.

Please let me know how you feel about the PDR proII, i am thinking about to get one as well.

I recently bought a DAA PDR-II for my Stock III and sadly I was very disappointed.

while the ball joint, mount and belt hanger were top notch, the actual kydex felt cheap and thin, especially compared to my other DAA (FRONTLINE) PDR suede lined holsters. I double checked that I ordered the Stock III option, and it arrived labeled as such, but it was ALSO labeled separately CZ SP01, it was 1/4" to short for the long slide (biggest issue), and had a round trigger guard (heat gun).

I went with this Ghost Hybrid for much less and like it much more. The Ghost Hybrid is not without its drawbacks, it is not as adjustable, and them belt screws are quite jabby, but i still like it better.

Yeah, they went with thinner kydex per shooters' request to improve on the first PDR PRO. The thinner kydex is supposedly easier to mold to a better fit to the gun.

My PDR PRO-II should arrive any day now, I'll let you know what I think.

Received the PDR -Pro II this week. I second what hack6500 stated. I was hoping that I just got a "bad" one. The the new ball joint system is fantastic. I think it is the best adjustment system available, very well designed. The kydex holster is very flimsy and binds if the gun is not pulled perfectly straight up. Very disappointed in the holster and will likely return it. Overall I think DAA makes great products and tries to innovate which I appreciate, but this holster (just the kydex portion) is a huge step back. Very surprising from DAA.

• 1 year later...

I have a DDA alpha x holster and very pleased with that setup. I was hoping that the PDR PRO 2 was of the same quality. It wasn't, the holster was snagging when I draw and it was a pain holstering back my pistol. The hinge or hanger was not stable it was very flimsy. When I try to draw the pistol it cants inwards and the barrel is poking on my leg and when I draw it dose the opposite. I sound exaggerated but that's how I feel about the set up. Gave it a couple of days and it was still bugging me. So I had to return it. I ended up with a BSPS Boss hanger and a RHT double lined holster and it is the most stable setup of all. Very enjoyable to draw and reholster so smooth!