Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Round counts and parts breakages

TFin04

If this has been done elsewhere, apologies for repeating.

I'm curious what kind of round count your CZ's have seen and what resulting parts breakages you have experienced. Most curious about the SP01 and P09 guns to see if the Omega system and the new polymer guns are more durable than the older steel frame designs.

Thanks for your time.

I'm at 52k on an SP-01 Accu-Shadow and 16k on an SP-01 Shadow. Both get the hell dry fired out of them.

I've been replacing the springs, slide stop, and extractor group regularly and haven't had any breakages there.

Main thing of note was replacing the barrel around 40k rounds. The AC was grouping worse than the SP-01, but a new barrel fixed that real quick.

The hammer hooks on the SP-01 wore down to where a cocked hammer would drop to half-cock when seating a fresh magazine. Not sure what was up with that, but the pistol got a new hammer and sear.

Keep an eye on the magazine catch. It does get beat up over time. The two humps on the top of the trigger bar also wear down. I replaced a bunch of internals on my AC at 50k as a precautionary measure.

Seems like I break trigger return springs every 5,000 rounds or so in my practice gun. That also includes daily dry fire,so who knows how many trigger pulls.

New recoil springs every 10,000 rounds or so.

I haven't broken a slide stop yet, but I've switched to a rami slide stop.

30-35,000 total on the practice gun.

Edited by bthoefer

Rain slide stop? Better?

Rami slide stop is smaller. The extended slide stop on the SP-01 hit my left thumb and interfered with my weak hand grip.

They shouldn't be any more durable, just that changing to a new one might have prevented a breakage.

I'm at 52k on an SP-01 Accu-Shadow and 16k on an SP-01 Shadow. Both get the hell dry fired out of them.

I've been replacing the springs, slide stop, and extractor group regularly and haven't had any breakages there.

Main thing of note was replacing the barrel around 40k rounds. The AC was grouping worse than the SP-01, but a new barrel fixed that real quick.

The hammer hooks on the SP-01 wore down to where a cocked hammer would drop to half-cock when seating a fresh magazine. Not sure what was up with that, but the pistol got a new hammer and sear.

Keep an eye on the magazine catch. It does get beat up over time. The two humps on the top of the trigger bar also wear down. I replaced a bunch of internals on my AC at 50k as a precautionary measure.

How many rounds did you have through it when the hammer and sear started to fail?

Thanks. How often are you replacing springs and slide stops?

I’m replacing the TRS (model from CZC), recoil spring, main spring, and slide stop every 10k. I think the main spring can safely go 20k.

Firing pin and firing pin spring get changed at 20k along with the extractor group. The firing pin does shorten measurably over time.

I replaced the sear and mag catch springs at 50k.

Pull the extractor and clean out under it every 5k rounds.

These numbers are on the conservative side. Better safe than sorry IMO.

The hammer on my SP-01 needed replacing at 15k rounds. The hooks were very worn when I looked carefully. Honestly not sure how that happened, as the hooks on my Accu Shadow were only slightly worn at 50k.

14,762 broken slide stop

22,715 broken slide stop

27,175 broken extractor

32,216 broken slide stop

32,489 broken trigger return spring

39,135 broken slide stop

49,155 broken slide stop

60,089 r&r barrel worn out. All ammo fired with Titegroup and 124/125 gr bullets.

62,194 and through pistol. Somewhere in all of this the rear sight broke. The portion of the sight behind the dove tail was not under cut so there was tension on the rear of the sight all the time. There should be a small gap (.001-.002") between that area of the sight and the slide.

14,762 broken slide stop

22,715 broken slide stop

27,175 broken extractor

32,216 broken slide stop

32,489 broken trigger return spring

39,135 broken slide stop

49,155 broken slide stop

60,089 r&r barrel worn out. All ammo fired with Titegroup and 124/125 gr bullets.

62,194 and through pistol. Somewhere in all of this the rear sight broke. The portion of the sight behind the dove tail was not under cut so there was tension on the rear of the sight all the time. There should be a small gap (.001-.002") between that area of the sight and the slide.

That's a lot of slide stops. What weight recoil spring do you run?

Did a new barrel have to be fitted by CZC? I'm noticing a drop in accuracy in mine but still can't believe it would be the barrel.

Did a new barrel have to be fitted by CZC? I'm noticing a drop in accuracy in mine but still can't believe it would be the barrel.

I sent the slide to CZC and they fit the barrel for me. But it's evidently not that difficult to do.

How many rounds to you have through the barrel? I suspect that lifetime depends on bullet and powder selection.

I sent the slide to CZC and they fit the barrel for me. But it's evidently not that difficult to do.

How many rounds to you have through the barrel? I suspect that lifetime depends on bullet and powder selection.

I only have about 7k through it and have been shooting mostly bayou moly coated bullets with titegroup.

I also have another accushadow that is more accurate than this one is. I've shot groups at 25 yards off a bag and have always seen this one shadow have wider groups. Thoughts?

I only have about 7k through it and have been shooting mostly bayou moly coated bullets with titegroup.

I also have another accushadow that is more accurate than this one is. I've shot groups at 25 yards off a bag and have always seen this one shadow have wider groups. Thoughts?

It shouldn't wear our that quickly. Try giving the barrel a good scrubbing with a bronze brush and cleaning solvent.

Yeah I religiously clean after every match or range session. Still interested to see why one accu is noticeably more accurate than the other.

Sorry to kind of thread jack.

My trigger return spring broke after only 3000 and a ton of dry firing.

The main pin on my rear HAJO sight broke at 4500 which sucks. Having a smith drill it out an fit a new pin since I can't get part of the old one out. Asked Stuart and he said to send the whole sight back but I don't have the tools to install a new one.

Recoil spring once a year

Buffers last almost forever at 167 power factor (practice ammo for IPSC). But 178 power factor (match ammo) destroys them in about 1000 rounds

Sent by Jedi mind control

Yeah I religiously clean after every match or range session. Still interested to see why one accu is noticeably more accurate than the other.

The main pin on my rear HAJO sight broke at 4500 which sucks. Having a smith drill it out an fit a new pin since I can't get part of the old one out. Asked Stuart and he said to send the whole sight back but I don't have the tools to install a new one.

You'll want a CZC bench block, sight pusher, and punch set (recommendation) sooner rather than later. Adjustable sights break—it's a fact of life.

You'll want a CZC bench block, sight pusher, and punch set (recommendation) sooner rather than later. Adjustable sights breakit's a fact of life.

That's why I like fixed sights.

And loctite. :)

I can't keep track of rounds on parts, so I just change things based on time.

Twice a year January/June I change

magazine springs

firing pin spring

main spring

trigger return spring

fiber optic rod

recoil spring

Once a year in January I replace

slide stop lever

extractor and spring