Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Raw Points

Foxbat

I have been shooting for years, but never paid attention to that number - I have always presumed that the Hither Power knows what it is doing. :)

But a new shooter asked me that question, and I didn't know the answer.

Shooting productions, she's got in one stage 18A, 7C and 1D, and the Raw Points were 74.

Does does one arrive at that number?

Shooting minor A is 5 points, C is 3 points and D is 1 point. 5 X 18 =90 7 X 3=21 1 X 1= 1 90+21+1=112 points divided by time gives hit factor Whatever percentage your hit factor is of the winner of the stage determines how many points are earned on the stage. If it is a 130 point stage and your hit factor is 60%, then 130 X .60 = 78. You earned 78 points on the stage.

Edited by BARRYJ

I think you explained the difference between Raw Points and Match Points, but please look at the copy of the Practiscore report I posted above, where it states 74 as Raw Point. I too was looking for that 112 number. Furthermore, the time was 43 seconds, but the hit factor stated is 1.2278

I am lost.

It has to be a miscalculation on Practiscore's part.

I'd like to see PS change the stats they give us (on the personal page, for individual stages), to include ALL the As, including those from steel hits (either that, or list the steel hits separately so we can count them) and also penalties. Then, show total points, points after penalties, and a HIT FACTOR (duh!), because that's how our stage point percentage is calculated.

Edited by teros135

Here is another shooter: With one Mike I figure the raw points should be 101, not 108? What am I missing?

Num: A 20 B 0 C 3 D 2 Pens: M 1 NPM 0 NS 0 Points: Raw 108 Stage 88.7342 Shooter Info: Division Production

Was there any steel on those stages? Practiscore doesn't include steel hits.

Scratch that, still doesn't add up even if i add 6 steel hits, and penalties aren't counted towards raw points either, so there can't be any unlisted procedurals. Strange.

Not sure what's going on with your match results and practiscore, but normally raw points is the points total of all your hits on a given stage before penalties. That's how it should normally work anyway.

Edited by ZachJ

There is some sort of problem in PS. Take a look at the PDF. You see two different results for the stage, depending on "Old" or "New" format!

RawPoints.pdf

Something is messed up!
(I have seen the "compact view" fail to work in other cases but I did not notice any other errors, You may of made an interesting discovery!)

Later,

Chuck

A person from Practiscore called, and said there was some kind of an issue, I don't know anything beyond that.

This is the kind of problem that can happen with electronic scoring.

I noticed in Practice Score it doesn't seem to include the points from steel in the Raw Points.

It may be a glitch and will get changed. It seems to include the steel points in the total that it uses for the HF though.

A person from Practiscore called, and said there was some kind of an issue, I don't know anything beyond that.

This is the kind of problem that can happen with electronic scoring.

Yep its only about 1% of the issues we had when we did it on paper. It is not a scoring issue, its a report issue.

I wonder how many times the person keying scores the day after the event fat fingered a score? 50 shooters, 5 stages, 250 scores, normal data entry error rate of about 2% gives me 5+- per match.

Wonder how many times the person putting it on paper made their 4's look like 9's or 7's look like 1's or forgot to write down the time, or did not put in the steel, or.......

We are so much better off now, and the Practiscore team will get this report issue fixed.

Hit the donate button once and a while and toss in $5 to help offset all the cost of this wonderfulness.

I noticed in Practice Score it doesn't seem to include the points from steel in the Raw Points.

It may be a glitch and will get changed. It seems to include the steel points in the total that it uses for the HF though.

When you look at the score, if you had 4 steel, and you had 4 paper and you hit 4 Alpha's on the paper when you look at the summary screen it will show a total of 8 Alpha's, 4 for the steel and the 4 Alpha's on paper.

I think Practiscore is great but it can have issues, the other issue is its easy for a guy to fat finger it and post the wrong hits, but that is operator error.

Now that procedurals are listed and DQ's, with applicable rule it is nicereally, it's a great tool, but they suck in the rain and direct sun.

yeah both those examples do not compute. something is seriously wrong.

to me "raw points" should be the points you earned on stage (before HF calc and ranking against stage winner). so if you shot say 10 X A's (4 paper targets and 2 steel), and had 2 mike and 1 FTE it should include all of that to give a total of 20 'raw points'. Then should come your HF, and finally your stage % and stage points.

I do think raw points should include any procedurals or penalties in the total. leaving them out can lead to further confusion. So list it like 15 A's, 5 B/C's, 2 D's, 2M, 1 FTE, 1 NS etc and the total of all that is 'raw points'.

Time: 23.89

Num: A 19 B 0 C 1 D 2

Pens: M 0 NPM 0 NS 1

From a recent L2. This doesn't show the 7 steel or any procedural penalties (none on this stage, though). It only shows points before penalties ("raw" points). It doesn't show a HF, which is the score we earned on the stage.

Am I missing something? Can those things be fixed?

Edited by teros135

From a recent L2. This doesn't show the 7 steel or any procedural penalties (none on this stage, though). It only shows points before penalties ("raw" points). It doesn't show a HF, which is the score we earned on the stage.

i think they most of that is fixed in the old version of the results. I had the same issue after A1, and someone clued me in to switch to the old view instead of using the new view.

Edited by motosapiens

Select "Compact View" after clicking your name in the "new" format display. You may want to toggle overall/diviison buttons to clean up the formatting