Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Raw Points

Foxbat

Time: 23.89

Num: A 19 B 0 C 1 D 2

Pens: M 0 NPM 0 NS 1

From a recent L2. This doesn't show the 7 steel or any procedural penalties (none on this stage, though). It only shows points before penalties ("raw" points). It doesn't show a HF, which is the score we earned on the stage.

Am I missing something? Can those things be fixed?

steel should simply be included as "A" hits. it's crazy not to include them.

From a recent L2. This doesn't show the 7 steel or any procedural penalties (none on this stage, though). It only shows points before penalties ("raw" points). It doesn't show a HF, which is the score we earned on the stage.

Steel gets treated as Alpha's, of you have 7 steel and they all fall, will show as 7 Alpha's in the summary.

Steel gets treated as Alpha's, of you have 7 steel and they all fall, will show as 7 Alpha's in the summary.

No, the above is only the "paper" As; it doesn't include any steel. This display is apparently what Practiscore wanted to show. Unfortunately it only includes part of the information and doesn't give us the total As (including steel) or HF. Yeah, you can do more clicking into the "compact" view (it's actually pretty full) ... but why?

The practiscore we use and I have on my phone always shows steel as Alpha's.

Well, obviously not all devices show them that way, do they?

Every device I have used practiscore on shows steel as Alpha's.

It is added to the Alpha column, not listed seperately.

I think you're talking about two different things; The problem appears on the website that shows the final results, I don't think the issue is on the input device.

The practiscore we use and I have on my phone always shows steel as Alpha's.

Well, obviously not all devices show them that way, do they?

The difference from paper is that the steel "A"s are scored as hits by default. If you enter a steel miss, the hit column is decremented automagically. Points wise, steel "A"s are the same as paper As. Software wise they are handled differently. This is a wonderful feature that has eliminated failure to record steel hits like happened on paper scoresheets.

Then you must be right, because it works for you.

It is possible that older ios app might be showing steel hits separately on review screen, but I don't have ios device handy at the moment to confirm that. Android app shows all steel as As or Ms for quite long time and since recently also NPMs and NS for steel also added up into regular NPMs and NS