Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G22 sights for USPSA

cheddchedd

So I know I need to replace my LEO trade in night sights with something a bit more competition friendly. I've tried searching for answers to this but you can imagine how many threads reference "sights".

I like the idea of a fiber optic front sight with a plain black rear sight. My questions:

-FO front with plain black rear or is there benefit with all black?

-Adjustable rear worth it? Main advantage?

-Dawson/Taran/other?

The longer shots in each stage are killing me right now with the night sights so I would think a smaller front sight would be beneficial. I'm just looking for opinions/thoughts from anyone who has been through this before.

There will be varying opinions but the consensus is fiber optic front and black rear. My faves are sevigny or taran. On those two it really comes down to how wide you want rear notch and serrations or not. The .115 wide front on these two i feel is thin enough yet still quick to acquire. Dawson is popular too, you can really customize with their sights. I only go Dawson if I'm wanting a thinner front.

I don't like adjustable rears much. Notch is typically not wide and deep enough for my preference. Not as rugged. I only shoot my 147gr reloads so there isn't a need for adjustable rear.

Edited by Polymer

I like Warren/Sevigny fixed rear, fiber front. If you change loads alot, adj sights give you flexibility... not needed if dial in your load/sights, and don't change.

As you mentioned there are probably more threads on this subject than almost any other equipment question.... this forum is repository of knowledge, learn to use the search function, read and digest, and by all means lets discuss what you glean from all that data. But its out there.

I like Warren/Sevigny fixed rear, fiber front. If you change loads alot, adj sights give you flexibility... not needed if dial in your load/sights, and don't change.

As you mentioned there are probably more threads on this subject than almost any other equipment question.... this forum is repository of knowledge, learn to use the search function, read and digest, and by all means lets discuss what you glean from all that data. But its out there.

I found this little gem after a lot of reading and searching. Unfortunately searching for sight or sights nets a metric ton of results.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142607

The TTI sights are best for distant targets and will not rust. The Dawson sights are best all around and will rust. The Warren sights are best on close targets and won't rust. You pays your money and takes your chance. They are all outstanding sights. Buy one of each (you will anyway) and decide which one is your favorite.

I went from Warren Sevigny competition to the Dawson's the .105"wide front because the fiber is longer and pops brighter than the Warren FO. I also like how the Dawson rears have a little narrower rear notch. The are just as fast but with a little tighter long range accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight I ordered the Dawson Charger fixed rear with FO front for the G24. It's going on my police trade gen 3 G22 RTF2 with gill serrations. I have the TF Sight Block, so need G24 sights.

Finally got the sights installed. I need to find some dry fire practice to start using. Everything has been so chaotic lately because we are in the process of selling our house.

Eventually things will settle down and I'll be able to devote some real time to the fun stuff again.