Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What would you offer for a used TS 40?

anaxagoras

A brand new one will cost you $1100 or less. It comes with three mags. Another three will cost you $150 total.

You don't really need six mags, so the extra two should be treated as a bonus.I bought mine when the exchange rate was worse than now. I paid $1200 for the pistol, $100 for an extra mag with extended base plate. and $150 for three additional extended base plates. So for $1450 I had a ready to run USPSA Limited pistol with four mags the held 20 rounds each. You could duplicate that today for $100 to $150 less.

Just a note, you say you only need 3 mags, but it's best to have at least 2 dedicated dry fire mags.... And you always need an extra mag or 2 in case one takes a dump on you at a match. I have 10 mag holders in my range bag, so I have 10 mags for matches, but that's just me

Any other aftermarket upgrades? Sights, trigger, hammer, refinished? I start the base at $1000 for used, then add the upgrades. Factory stock with 3 extra mags I'd offer $1150.

Yes, you can fit a 9mm barrel and get 9mm mags and run both calibers. No other parts need changed.

Just a note, you say you only need 3 mags, but it's best to have at least 2 dedicated dry fire mags.... And you always need an extra mag or 2 in case one takes a dump on you at a match. I have 10 mag holders in my range bag, so I have 10 mags for matches, but that's just me

I don't know that I'd go to 10, for Limited. Especially at $100 per mag, including the base pad and fancy spring/follower. I would call 6 an bare minimum. 1 in the gun, 3 on the belt and 1 spare at the match.

Edited by Smitty79

I don't know that I'd go to 10, for Limited. Especially at $100 per mag, including the base pad and fancy spring/follower. I would call 6 an bare minimum. 1 in the gun, 3 on the belt and 1 spare at the match.

Too many mags???? NEVER <evil grin>

LGS's around here are $1250 new plus tax ($100) plus 3 mags ($150) $1500.

I would say if its in good shape with all the factory parts (extra slide stops and ejector) than I would say anything under $1350 is a value,.. Under $1200 is a deal, under $1100 is a good deal.

When I was considering getting into official USPSA Limited shooting I was told I needed four mags. So I bought four. I was also told that the absolute minimum capacity you could get by with was 18 rounds. So I bought the extended base pads for 20 rounds. I wear three on my belt. Ive never needed more than two on any stage. The fourth has never left the range bag. I do rotate mags so I'm not always using the same two.