Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A stock G22 in limited

cheddchedd

I went to my first match yesterday. I trusted the guys running the match and shot in Limited Major. I'm just wondering if there is a better division to run in with a stock (for now) G22.

Edited by cheddchedd

limited, or l-10 if you want more reloading and stage planning. you'd be at a disadvantage in production with others shooting softer recoiling 9mm, unless you got minor power factor ammo.

if you stay in limited, you can get mag extensions to be more competitive, the arrendondo +5's have worked great for me.

You can probably make master class in production limited or l10 with the g22.

If you shoot limited the +5 extensions will help.

I don't think you will be at any disadvantage in production. The main drawback is the cost of. 40 vs 9mm. You will probably get one bonus A each match from the larger bullet diameter. I actually think .40 minor shoots softer than 9mm minor.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If you look at the High Overall results from most Level 2+ matches, you will see that top Production shooter runs surprisingly close to top Limited. These guys are the ones you will be measured against. As a beginner, shooting the round-limited, accuracy-intensive Production division creates more of a challenge than you need, even with an optimal gun (which you don't have). I'd suggest you start in Limited with 140mm mags and major PF ammo, focus on learning about stage planning, footwork, speed-accuracy balance etc. Hell, use the money you saved from not having to buy extra magazines to add better sights, a match trigger, magwell, tungsten guide rod etc. Revisit your division options after your first season.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

You can probably make master class in production limited or l10 with the g22.

If you shoot limited the +5 extensions will help.

I don't think you will be at any disadvantage in production. The main drawback is the cost of. 40 vs 9mm. You will probably get one bonus A each match from the larger bullet diameter. I actually think .40 minor shoots softer than 9mm minor.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Only probably? Sounds like a challenge.

Keep in mind that if you start out in Lim or Lim-10 and decide you want to make modifications to your pistol, be mindful of what you modify, as you may no longer be able to use the gun for Production later if you want to try it. Granted, part swaps can be reversed, but not grip reductions, undercut trigger guards, etc.

I shot Limited-10 when I first started with a stock G22. You just might need an extra mag or 2 and you'll get the benefit of the major PF scoring. Either way you'll have a blast and learn a lot. Once you get rolling you'll have a better idea of what direction you're going to head equipment wise.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the hot Glock Limited setups right now is a 6" G24 barrel in a G22 with an extra "sight block' hanging on the end. The block is $50 from TF, and barrels are cheap..... might even find some in the classifieds from time to time. ;)

All you would need is mag extensions, and some decent sights.... maybe a magwell. Oh, and a trigger job. Okay, so its a lot of work. But still cheaper than an STI.

For now, Limited 10 or Production (yes, even with major ammo) would be where I'd hang out til you decide what you want to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I started in Production, made B and now I've plateaued. I believe if I had it to do over again I'd of started in Limited to learn to game and then decided if I wanted to shoot Prod.

I'm am just now starting to shoot Limited and feel like I could of grown faster starting here.

• 2 months later...