Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger SV flat

brytec

I just did this. After filing on the grip to get the trigger to fit my hammer would fall from half cock if i pulled the trigger. There was not enough pretravel.

I swapped out the metal bow from each trigger to make it work.

It seems like this problem doesn't always happen so I'm wondering if different sears can fix it rather than changing the bow over.

I keep the same bow and just put the new trigger on it. You can tweak the bows and get them to work if they don't at first but swapping them is just easier at this point. I always add a drop of epoxy to the new trigger so the bow can't work it self loose.

I just did this. After filing on the grip to get the trigger to fit my hammer would fall from half cock if i pulled the trigger. There was not enough pretravel.

I swapped out the metal bow from each trigger to make it work.

It seems like this problem doesn't always happen so I'm wondering if different sears can fix it rather than changing the bow over.

Thanks Dan

I keep the same bow and just put the new trigger on it. You can tweak the bows and get them to work if they don't at first but swapping them is just easier at this point. I always add a drop of epoxy to the new trigger so the bow can't work it self loose.

Thanks Jaf

dude, seriously stop trying to bump your post count. if you want classified access just be patient... it will come.

Dude seriously kinda new here and didn't know being polite to be politically correct is against you! Don't even care about what you saying bumping my post count, I was thankful and appreciative with responses I get from this site!!! That's all!!! Your wrong about your assumptions, sorry!!!

dude, seriously stop trying to bump your post count. if you want classified access just be patient... it will come.

Lol yea really man.. Sheesh

Just wanna say the same to man!!!

I went with this trigger. It required a lot of fitting. The shoe was not the problem. The bow is taller and thicker so I will not use it as it is past my level of comfort. Looking to go the SVI route also but wondering if the bow has the same dimensions as the STI one.

Edited by MrRick