Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Closest Matches to Chicago

I am going to be spending a lot of time in chicago for work for the foreseeable future and I am trying to find matches near buy or as near as possible.

Also I am not clear on mag restrictions in IL. I shoot limited with 20 round mags, would that be an issue?

USPSA

MISS USPSA - Alpha Range in Mchenry, IL

PTPC - Rockford, IL

NPCCC - Chesterton, IN

TCGC - Polo, IL

NISA/Schultz - Muskego, WI

None of the matches are within city limits. All of the clubs listed are outside of Cook county as well. Mag limits should not be an issue. I shoot open here regularly with my 30 round MBX mags.

Wisconsin Clubs - http://wisconsinshooters.com/joomla16/index.php/uspsa/wisconsin-clubs

Illinois Club info is all over the place.

I am going to be spending a lot of time in chicago for work for the foreseeable future and I am trying to find matches near buy or as near as possible.

Also I am not clear on mag restrictions in IL. I shoot limited with 20 round mags, would that be an issue?

IL does not have a round limit on mags.

IL only recognizes about 4 other states CCW so you can't

carry unless you fit their narrow same training requirements.

IL residents require a Firearm Owners ID (FOID Card)

Non residents do not have to have the FOID.

You should be good if unloaded and in a case or bag.

From IL State Police Web page

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

• Nonresidents whose firearms are unloaded and enclosed in a case.
  • Nonresidents who are currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in their resident state

You might want to check in the county you will be in and make sure they don't have any goofy local ordiance's.

USPSA

MISS USPSA - Alpha Range in Mchenry, IL

PTPC - Rockford, IL

NPCCC - Chesterton, IN

TCGC - Polo, IL

NISA/Schultz - Muskego, WI

None of the matches are within city limits. All of the clubs listed are outside of Cook county as well. Mag limits should not be an issue. I shoot open here regularly with my 30 round MBX mags.

Wisconsin Clubs - http://wisconsinshooters.com/joomla16/index.php/uspsa/wisconsin-clubs

Illinois Club info is all over the place.

Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles, Mi is within range and puts on great matches as well. OPCC is closest. USPSA 2nd Sunday starting in April. IDPA 1st Sunday

not in most of the state , however I understand Chicago and Cook County do restrict Mag capacity, you definetely do not want to get in legal troubel there. Chicago and Cook County do not like gun owners.

Eric

Looks like tri-county has a classifier match on the 27th so I'll be taking my gear when I fly back on the 14th :D

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get to the match from center city chicago.

Looks like tri-county has a classifier match on the 27th so I'll be taking my gear when I fly back on the 14th :D

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get to the match from center city chicago.

I believe Tri-county is having the classifier match on The 20th not the 27th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Shot the TCGC classifier today was surprised to only see 21 shooters at the match. is that normal for this area or are folks still hibernating.

I also shot the match today. Tri counties match is usually pretty small but its a good group of guys and they usually have real fun stages. The pine tree matches and Schultz/NISA get a lot more shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bouboy02

Shot the TCGC classifier today was surprised to only see 21 shooters at the match. is that normal for this area or are folks still hibernating.

We only had 31 at the tactical shotgun match down in Chesterton last week.

The first USPSA match at NPCCC is on the 3rd of April. I plan on being there.

Bob

You will be dreading the long waits in 90* with 100% humidity come summer at area locals, enjoy while you can

I shot it too today and thought it was a light turn out but had fun and all the guy's where very nice. First time shooting there. I shot Pine Tree on Thursday night and there was 32 people there. And that was the smallest turnout for them, as it has been in the 40's.