PCC choices for Steel Challenge and 3Gun

IntenseImage

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you yahoos are shooting PCC's at the various matches, please make sure to make it look like you're NOT having fun. not sure my bank account (or wifey) can handle yet another division and all the guns & gear needed for it.

I like the ar platform but I suspect that we are going to find that it is not the best carbine in 9mm. It will be fun to see what the future holds, and what innovations are going to occur in the next few years.

I have a demo CZ scorpion right now that is super smooth and feels very similar to a MP5. For the money, it is a sweet option. I have not shot the carbine one, but did have a chance a few months ago to shoot a class 3 SMG Scorpion that was plain awesome. We tried it with and without a silencer and it was great either way. I think for a non-stamp gun, the JP is probably the way to go however. But if you ever get the SBR itch, the scorpion with buttstock SBR is great and costs far less than the others.

I am glad you are enjoying the MPX and the SIG Romeo3. I think the fact that it's a rotating bolt versus a blowback gives it a very different feel that the others on the market. Mine shoots great but I haven't had a chance that I test it yet with the new brake. Maybe Friday I can get out.

With the baseplate how many rounds are you getting in the mag?

I am glad you are enjoying the MPX and the SIG Romeo3. I think the fact that it's a rotating bolt versus a blowback gives it a very different feel that the others on the market. Mine shoots great but I haven't had a chance that I test it yet with the new brake. Maybe Friday I can get out.

With the baseplate how many rounds are you getting in the mag?

Should be 40

I can't wait to SBR this and shorten it up for steel matches. What comp is that?

If you want to see what it's like short barreled let me know. I know you're pretty close to me. I don't have a break on mine but it will have a gemtech gm-9 before summer if the atf cooperates

I can't wait to SBR this and shorten it up for steel matches. What comp is that?

If you want to see what it's like short barreled let me know. I know you're pretty close to me. I don't have a break on mine but it will have a gemtech gm-9 before summer if the atf cooperates
I may need to take you up on that !

I have a demo CZ scorpion right now that is super smooth and feels very similar to a MP5. For the money, it is a sweet option. I have not shot the carbine one, but did have a chance a few months ago to shoot a class 3 SMG Scorpion that was plain awesome. We tried it with and without a silencer and it was great either way. I think for a non-stamp gun, the JP is probably the way to go however. But if you ever get the SBR itch, the scorpion with buttstock SBR is great and costs far less than the others.

Got one recently, waiting on the form 1 approval. Only have shot it briefly but it looks and feels like it'll be major fun. Put a very nice group at 20yds in the head of a steel C-zone shooting it as a traditional pistol standing offhand. Won't know about running it as SBR for a while unfortunately.

CZ is releasing a 16" carbine version with longer handguard this summer for those not wanting to do a SBR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It should do something better for being twice the price for the gun and for each mag also.

All depends what the PCC is for.....suppressed all the time fun range toy, defense gun, competition gun, different reasons to buy......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Edited by AustinWolv

That's the typical argument between the cz and mpx. Is the cost is way higher. The cz is also polymer where he mpx is metal. I would have bought either if I found it but lucked into an mpx being stocked. I do hate the price of the Sig mags. Typical Sig style and screwing you on the cost of the mags and they aren't even sig made

That's the typical argument between the cz and mpx. Is the cost is way higher. The cz is also polymer where he mpx is metal. I would have bought either if I found it but lucked into an mpx being stocked. I do hate the price of the Sig mags. Typical Sig style and screwing you on the cost of the mags and they aren't even sig made

Register your MPX on the SIG website and you get a one-time use code for 20% off at the SIG store. That will let you stock up on magazines at $55 each.

Register your MPX on the SIG website and you get a one-time use code for 20% off at the SIG store. That will let you stock up on magazines at $55 each.

Planning to do just that, plus grab some mag carriers while I'm at it

I have four mags now as well. I bought two Springer Precision plus 10 extensions for them. I should have ordered some of the blade tech mag pouches from SIG while I was at it too. Strangely enough I found out today that the free holster that comes with the P320 makes a frighteningly good MPX mag pouch if you have nothing else available.

Ouch $55 each. I can get 33 round Glock mags for my JP for $35 or so.

Pat

It should do something better for being twice the price for the gun and for each mag also.

All depends what the PCC is for.....suppressed all the time fun range toy, defense gun, competition gun, different reasons to buy......

Not having a blow back design is reason enough.

I shot a friends JP the other day. It was a definite improvement over mine. It was flat enough that I don't see it holding anyone back. It had a captured buffer, and his bolt is 2.5 ounces lighter than mine. I think I can get mine there with a little creativity.

Not having a blow back design is reason enough.

So is not sucking in gas or paying rip-off prices for mags. But rest assured, you bought well, enjoy it.

I shot a friends JP the other day. It was a definite improvement over mine. It was flat enough that I don't see it holding anyone back. It had a captured buffer, and his bolt is 2.5 ounces lighter than mine.

That's where my money would likely go if wanting to dive full in on a PCC for competition. I don't recall seeing too many other PCC options supporting 3gun. Although Tresna appears to be trying to open the door....?

SIG has been supporting a lot of matches for a long time.

I am not sure what you are talking about with sacking gas. I haven't noticed that shooting my MPX but I am also not shooting it suppressed. Do you feel the same way about shooting ARs?

SIG has been supporting a lot of matches for a long time.

Didn't say they hadn't. Being that their logo is on your shirt, perhaps you read it as implied about them? Wasn't meant to be, but rather there just aren't a lot of options compared to when one looks at other gun platforms.

but I am also not shooting it suppressed

Earlier in the thread, shooting it suppressed was specifically mentioned. I doubt it is noticeable when shooting unsuppressed and that is how most matches will want you to run, I'm assuming.

Do you feel the same way about shooting ARs?

Suppressed, yes. That's why mine have adjustable gas blocks for when shooting suppressed.

And while not really bothered by it while shooting, I can certainly tell the difference of being coated in gas/residue after shooting unsuppressed ARs, especially since it gets into my contacts and causes them to be uncomfortable after a while at the range. Doesn't stop me from doing it though. :)

Edited by AustinWolv