Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P 320 shooting high

chetc

my buddy has a new Sig P320 and with 3.2 Tite Group and the 147gr load the gun shoots about 4I high at 15yds, did not try any other loads yet, but before i go looking for a new higher front sight, will the 115 or the 124 shoot lower

Chet

Edited by chetc

Not enough. For four inches high at 15 (assuming Full Size) you would want a front sight that is 0.049 taller assuming you want it zeroed at 15 yards.

Best bet would be to swap it out with some Dawsons or similar.

Not enough. For four inches high at 15 (assuming Full Size) you would want a front sight that is 0.049 taller assuming you want it zeroed at 15 yards.

HI Alma

Yes it is the full size P 320 like mine, but his for some reason shoots higher, going to check the Dawson front sights

thank you

Chet

HI Alma

Yes it is the full size P 320 like mine, but his for some reason shoots higher, going to check the Dawson front sights

thank you

Chet

Alma

Also was at the Harrisburg sports Show hoping to get my hands on the new Target P320, nothing yet

• 2 weeks later...

I have two other P320s (a full size and a compact), both in 9mm, and they both shoot high at 25 yards with 124 and 147gr loads. About an inch high with the 124r, and closer to three with the 147gr loads. They were both loaded to about 132pf. Both have the #8 front and rear sights. If I could find one, I think a #10 front with the #8 rear would do the trick for the 124gr loads I prefer.

Is there a "go to" adjustable rear sight available? Coming from Bullseye, I expect my gun to zero.

Front sights in different heights are available from Dawson Precision.

Test fire and a little math... A new front is cheaper than swapping to an adjustable rear.

Adjustable rears are more convenient, but less durable. I swapped the front on my 226, now it's zeroed as well as anything I have with adjustable sights.

I have two other P320s (a full size and a compact), both in 9mm, and they both shoot high at 25 yards with 124 and 147gr loads. About an inch high with the 124r, and closer to three with the 147gr loads. They were both loaded to about 132pf. Both have the #8 front and rear sights. If I could find one, I think a #10 front with the #8 rear would do the trick for the 124gr loads I prefer.

My Dawson set arrived today along with 2 more 17 rd. mags. I took a closer looks at my slide vs. these sights and noted that I have a #8 rear but a #6 front sight from the factory. This may explain my low shooting Sig. Can't wait to fit up the Dawsons.

My Dawson set arrived today along with 2 more 17 rd. mags. I took a closer looks at my slide vs. these sights and noted that I have a #8 rear but a #6 front sight from the factory. This may explain my low shooting Sig. Can't wait to fit up the Dawsons.

I've always liked Dawson sights. I think you'll dig them.

• 2 weeks later...

My Dawson sights just came in.

The gun is shooting one inch low at 15. Unfortunately i couldnt group it at 25 since the range i shot on today wasnt that long.

I am shooting 135 grain 9mm on top of 4.0 grains of WST. From the factory, my gun came with a #6 and a #8 rear sight.

Edited by Magsz

• 3 months later...