Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New To Tanfoglio

nomore606

image_zpsrgjoarr8.jpg

I recently got this gun in a trade and couldn't be happier. I've been on this forum for a while but I am new to Tanfoglios. My question is what are the quirks, what spare parts should I get? I've already ordered a few additional mags and base pads from Henning.

Edited by nomore606

DPM recoil system, if you like it. Torx grip screws. Snapcaps. Rubber magazine basepads for training on hard floor. Slideglide. 3M grip tape for slippy slope of the grip. 170mm Tanfoglio stick to burn through the ammo ;)

I own two, haven't broken anything at about 20k rounds with quite a bit of dry fire. Replaced sear once.

Watch for holster / contact points wear and apply some protective film if it is a concern for you.

Edited by arkadi

I chipped an extractor one time, so I keep a couple extra of those on hand. And the trigger return spring has a tendency to get bent when you re-install the trigger, so if you plan to tear it down to the stripped frame at any point, may want a couple of those. And Henning's guide rod is a nice upgrade over the stock guide rod. The slide stop would seem to take a pretty good beating, but I've not had one go bad.

image_zpsrgjoarr8.jpg

I recently got this gun in a trade and couldn't be happier. I've been on this forum for a while but I am new to Tanfoglios. My question is what are the quirks, what spare parts should I get? I've already ordered a few additional mags and base pads from Henning.

That rear sight looks REALLY high... You'll probably have issues with the adjustment screw walking out..

Glad you like it!

image_zpsrgjoarr8.jpg