Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bulged 9mm brass

twister

I just bought a Dan Wesson Pointman 9, and was reloading some bullets for it, and it seems at least half of them seem to be bulged at the base of the bullet. I've been reloading 9"s for a long time for my CZ TS with no problem. I've started checking the resized brass in the barrel before loading it, and the bulge is noticeable. Is anyone else having this problem, if so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks for any help, Dave.

Sounds like he's saying bottom of the case. Just needs a little lower sizing probably. First thing I'd check would be sizing die turned down low enough. I like mine to just kiss the shell plate enough to jiggle the tool head.

What die is currently being used?

Second try would be a udie. Then try FCD. It doesn't take much to fix

Glocked brass is the reason I'll never own a .40 and Glock's refusal to fix their chamber problem (they claim it's not a problem) is the reason I'll never buy any Glock.

you have no idea how much I enjoyed reading this post.

miranda

If you are shooting alot of 9mm just invest in the U-die and FCD. They will save so many headaches. I used to case gauge my steel/weekend match ammo but after running all the rejects with no problems I don't case gauge anymore. (I have a DW PM9 as well)

Glocked brass is the reason I'll never own a .40 and Glock's refusal to fix their chamber problem (they claim it's not a problem) is the reason I'll never buy any Glock.

In 9mm, I will stick with my M&P's (and me P85). Glocks have too many issues.

In 9mm, I will stick with my M&P's (and me P85). Glocks have too many issues.

I never found many issues with my Glocks.

People picking uo and reloading brass fired in Glock seem to be the ones with problems.

I use a lee carbide sizer and never had a problem using Glocked brass in my STI 40s. But I would always chamber drop my ammo. The cull rate was probably around 2% using range brass.

I have seen Glock magazine ejections on 3 occasions. On two of those events the extractor was also ejected. All three events were caused by ruptured Fiocchi 40 brass. I dissected a Fiocchi 40 and it was obvious that their brass was different from other brands(Win and FC) by not being as thick where the case wall met the base. That area is much less supported in a Glock chamber compared to a 1911.