Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xdm 5.25 in 3 gun

Shooter212

Any of you guys running a 5.25 in 3 gun. Haven't seen any in the local matches, just glocks M&P's and STI's. Shot glock for awhile and was just never a fan. I have been running a rock island double stack 2011 for two years now and it's actually been pretty awesome. Just looking for a new toy/ back up 3 gun pistol.

My junior son ran one; I purchased right after they came out what four years ago. Dawson pads, Springer trigger kit, extended release. Mostly ran my own lead reloads. Only issue we ever had with the gun was the rear sight pin breaking (broke 3 of them in 2 years). Finally replaced with a roll pin and that stopped it. There are a few around here that run them in 3Gun. If they fit and work for you, they are awesome.

I run one with everything modified except for the mag well and extended mag base pad. I am currently using 115gr factory loads but in the process of changing to 147gr. 115gr seem too snappy even with all the modifications. I heard alot about 147gr so I'll try that out.

Any user having problem with the grip safety? Once in a while I can't seem to depress it properly to deactivate it. I saw an oversized grip safety online I don't know if it'll help.

• 3 months later...