Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your Tanfoglio preference for production?

Malarkey

Had a stock 3 for a while, and found the weight of the longer slide and the straight barrel, along with the added weight of the longer dust cover, made the gun too front heavy. It felt sort of floppy while shooting. The shorter Stock 2 with a cone barrel is a little more snappy but faster, and allows me to shoot faster. I feel like for most of the matches I shoot, the sight radius is not too short.

Had a stock 3 for a while, and found the weight of the longer slide and the straight barrel, along with the added weight of the longer dust cover, made the gun too front heavy. It felt sort of floppy while shooting. The shorter Stock 2 with a cone barrel is a little more snappy but faster, and allows me to shoot faster. I feel like for most of the matches I shoot, the sight radius is not too short.

Stock 2 != snappy, its as flat as it gets. Maybe your DB 9 is snappy :roflol:

Stock 2 != snappy, its as flat as it gets. Maybe your DB 9 is snappy :roflol:

I don't know... I was thinking about selling my Stock II to buy... like 4 more DB 9's! A back up, and a back up for the back up, and a back up for the back up for the back up :goof:

In all honestly though, I'm not saying it in a bad way. I'm just saying for me the sights came back on target faster with the S2 than the S3.

Stock 2, Xtreme,..which is basically a Stock2 with go fast parts/ enhancements and different gun finish. Points natural,..not too big,..shoots flat. I don't need a rail on my competition gun.

mine is a small frame 9mm btw. If I had a chance to do it again for my Standard/ limited gun, I would get a small frame 40 Stock 2 Australian, with a magwell and trigger job.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

One of the problems I had with the stock 3 was it not releasing cleanly from the holster unless pulled perfectly vertical every time. It tends to get hung up on the rail. I tried several different holsters with pretty much the same result, when I really pushed it hard I would get a hang up. The lim pro and S2 do not do this.

Lim Pro here.

Nice LONG sight radius.

Right at the limits for size and weight.

My barrel and slide have zero play...it locks up TIGHT
Also legal for SSP, ESP in IDPA

Saved enough on the Lim Pro vs a Stock II or III to buy a full spring kit w/firing pin, new grips, and fiber optic front sight with $$$ to spare.

I swap back and forth between a Lim Pro and (now 2) Stock 2's freely. I keep expecting more of a difference in handling but there just isn't.

The little bit of extra length on the Lim Pro (4.75"), increased sight radius and partial dust cover vs. the 4.5" Stock 2 with full dust cover and cone barrel seems mostly a wash in practice.

I swap back and forth between a Lim Pro and (now 2) Stock 2's freely. I keep expecting more of a difference in handling but there just isn't.

The little bit of extra length on the Lim Pro (4.75"), increased sight radius and partial dust cover vs. the 4.5" Stock 2 with full dust cover and cone barrel seems mostly a wash in practice.

That's what I found too. Little difference between the two, especially at my level. They both shoot to the same point, both feel good in hand, etc.

I've got a bit of a cheat preference. Stock 2 Aus or stock 2 xtreme aus. has the same length slide as a lim pro or limited but with full length dust cover to match. so same longer sight radius, cone barrel etc. still a nice balance to my feel. Very nice to shoot. I had one in 9mm and super and for me the baller production setup is actually 38 super as they run more smoothly/nicely in the large frame (that action size is meant for 38 super length ammo) and with more case capacity to work with you can easily load stuff like 160gn (or even heavier) pills and make a ridiculously soft shooting load. in a 9mm you get issues with case capacity with bullets that big.

so probably my total unicorn setup would be stock II aus xtreme large frame 38 super. :)