Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland quad loaders

Copy is a harsh word.....looks similar, but there are subtle differences. Price point is much steeper for a similar product. I am flattered to say the least. Looks like Safariland has entered the arena!! Competition drives innovation and in the end......who wins!! You do!!

Kind of like how invictus came up with the staggered clip designs, then taccom did it, now carbon arms is doing it. Everyone will be using magnets like taccoms new ones next. There's only so many different ways to hold shotgun shells!

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at them and my first thought was Taccom. What little I played with them, they didn't do anything the Taccom doesn't do at a much lower price. The new Taccom with those little magnets is what I have been trying and like them the best so far.

Craig

Actually, they are unique. The rim slot in the upper plate VERY positively prevents the shells from dislodging when leaning on them. One of our pro shooters recently got a set and fell in love with them. He was doing a demo at the SHOT show where he went prone right on top of a one liter water bottle, rolled around on it back and forth over the holder, popped up and loaded the shotgun. None of the shells will come out unless you pull BOTH shells out at the same time. You can pull quads or duos, but try to get the upper or lower to release by itself and it is almost impossible. The stacks don't "cave in" in the middle when they come in contact with something. I actually like everything about them but the price.

Actually, they are unique. The rim slot in the upper plate VERY positively prevents the shells from dislodging when leaning on them. One of our pro shooters recently got a set and fell in love with them. He was doing a demo at the SHOT show where he went prone right on top of a one liter water bottle, rolled around on it back and forth over the holder, popped up and loaded the shotgun. None of the shells will come out unless you pull BOTH shells out at the same time. You can pull quads or duos, but try to get the upper or lower to release by itself and it is almost impossible. The stacks don't "cave in" in the middle when they come in contact with something. I actually like everything about them but the price.

This is good info. You obviously looked them over much better than I did. Safariland booth was a zoo whenever I tried to look things over so I am sure I rushed through it. Safariland stuff is always kind of pricey but it is excellent quality.

Craig

• 1 year later...

I think I posted this question previously in the wrong thread, so here we go again in the right place.

Does anyone know if the Safariland 086 will attach to a Blade-Tech Tek-Lok belt clip?  Do the holes line up?

Thanks,

-Cuz

I have tried several caddy system, and like these the best for quad loading (or what passes for quad loading when my fat, spastic digits grab a fistfull of shotshells). The only downside is that they have to be adjusted for your particular shotshell length, so caddies configured for birdshot may not also hold slugs or buckshot (depending on your ammo choices, of course).

As with almost all the Safariland stuff I own, I waited until I managed to get hold of a 40% discount card, then placed a big order for everything I needed... they are much more appealing at $65 each. If you don't have a discount card, they can be had for $85 at Amazon.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Right now they have 30% off on the safariland web site until the end of the month and free shipping on orders over $75.

If anyone has a 40% off code please PM me so I can buy a few of these holders.

Thanks,
-Cuz

I love the 086's! Wish they would release the load 12's. I started out with AP Customs and quickly switched to 086's, due to the retention issues with the AP clips. Safariland 086 have excellent retention and a consistent grab. They are easy to cant and easily adjusted for different length shells. They are expensive but 40% coupon's are easy to come by. I recently made a 20 rd drop leg with 3 loads 4's and a load 8.

20170706_125608.jpg

There is really no comparison when it comes to shell retention and the separation of the shells easily allows you to grab either set of quads on an 8 shell holder. I got to play with a few different quad holders last weekend and they each have pros and cons. It really comes down to what your particular priorities are. For me, I like the 6 shell duals from Invictus, and the quad holders from Safariland. Now I just wish safariland would hurry up and ship the damn holders I ordered last weekend!!!