Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you carry "transport" your open pistols

I use sleeves in an Explorer Tactical bag that I keep specifically for USPSA shooting. It houses all the stuff you need for shooting (except for the belt) plus spare parts, cleaning supplies, tools and a mag cleaning brush.

Thanks! I don't know how I posted twice. Lol

My trunk is completely full most of the time. Armorers box with spare parts. Ammo cans, brass containers, one bag with glasses, ear protection, timers and scoring pad. Another large bag with open guns in the original boxes and mags. Ar bag, long shotgun bag, log books etc....I keep a chrono on hand also.

I'm about to do some travel and need to seriously need to consolidate.

I guess we all have the same problem.

Bigger vehicle perhaps. Lol

I have an idea but not sure how to do a neat job. I'm thinking a hard box maybe 4 inches deep. Use 2 plys of foam. Leave the bottom uncut. Place the guns (3) on the top piece and sharpie around them. Cut the images out of the top piece. Just need something big enough with a lock and airline approved. Would like to throw my mags in as well.

The Plano box is my reference but not big enough or cut for open guns. Thanks again

I used to put my gun in a soft sleeve, in my range bag. But, last summer I quit carrying around a large bag, full of stuff I never use.

I now use a hard plastic case, for the gun, that costs around 10 ~ 12 dollars. An old, small camera bag full of tools stays in the truck. My new range bag is a small 5 compartment bag from Cabelas.

I am much happier carrying just the things I need . . . ammo, magazines, timer, ear plugs, lens wipes, pen & pencil, note pad, gun rain cover, USPSA card, overlays and disposable hand warmers. It is all I need!