Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

silenced .22 pistol?

Nebwake

I have got the silencer bug pretty bad and dropped the money on an sico omega (still waiting on the stamp) and going to get the ATF process started on a .22 sico specter 2 this week. Problem with the .22 can is that I dont have a .22 aside from old family guns. I want a nice .22 pistol but not sure what actually runs well and is accurate. I looked at the browning mini 1911 the other day but they are pretty spendy for a .22. Any ideas?

Edited by Nebwake

You could always do a simple (or not so simple) 1911 (or 2011) and get a Tactical Solutions 2211 conversion kit for it. Available with threaded barrels and rails for optics if interested. It's probably the best/most reliable option for conversions. Very well made too.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/2211-series/2211-combo-rail

Just picked up a 22/45 lite. It needs a trigger job, but seems to be a pretty nice little blaster. Plus is looks super BA with a .22 can on it :devil:. It was the right price ($369) at my LGS (which has some of the absolute best prices in the country and the internet). Im really hoping it runs well!

Skip the MkIII and go for the MkII or a Buckmark (that is, if you're not going to go for a conversion top end for a centerfire gun).

Comedy option: Ruger Charger

Why?

The Charger can be modded into a sick pirate gun, and the MkIII has LCI and mag disconnect garbage that the MkII does not.

Yea I noticed that on the MIII action 22/45 lite I picked up. To remedy that I ordered a MKII style hammer bushing from volquartzen that fixes the problem. I also picked up a VQ sear for it that supposedly drops the trigger pull to a crisp 2#. We shall see. Now the problem is finding .22LR locally. It seems the prices are still awful high with limited selection :(. Kinda sucks because I can load my 9mm for not much more than the going rate of .22lr. But it saves me the time of making the bullets when I dont have enough time as it is!

So I shot the little 22/45 lite and it was terrible in the accuracy department. I was shooting CCI standard vel stuff and struggled to keep a 2" group at 7 yards. I mean this thing is just bad. I am not a bullseye shooter, but I can hold even my glock 43 to a better group than this thing.

I've got an old buckmark that I basically gutted and put a tac sol barrel on. It's pretty awesome, but the 22/45 lite is a much more cost effective solution. If it was available when I bought my spectre, that is the way I'd have gone... and it was the way my dad went when he got his 22 can.

10oh7qr.jpg

So I shot the little 22/45 lite and it was terrible in the accuracy department. I was shooting CCI standard vel stuff and struggled to keep a 2" group at 7 yards. I mean this thing is just bad. I am not a bullseye shooter, but I can hold even my glock 43 to a better group than this thing.

Pretty much everything should stay subsonic out of the 22/45 lite. I occasionally get a 36gr bulk pack round that will go super sonic, but for the most part, federal bulk pack runs like a champ out of every buckmark or ruger that I have shot. Save the SV for the 22 bolt gun that you will eventually wind up buying. ;) No idea where the accuracy issue is coming from, I've always found them to be incredibly accurate.

I got the ruger pretty much figured out. The stock trigger was part of the problem. I was not used to such a heavy trigger with so much over travel coming from my 1911's (and even factory glocks) I replaced the sear with a VQ and teh hammer bushing and saw immediate improvement. That and for some reason the gun does not really like CCI SV. I shot some bulk federal and some eley match stuff with awesome results. 1" groups at 25 off a bag so Im pretty happy. Its no Anschutz but itll do just fine :devil:. What other needed mods does this little guy need? I thoght about adding the VQ trigger with the pre and over travel stops since it really does have a ton of over travel, but that will have to wait for a bit until my can is paid for :goof: