Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags pouches.

Dirtchevy841

I have a set of three Universal Shooting Academy 2011 mag pouches, if you want them for $85 shipped. I'm only selling because when my holster wore out, I purchased a holster and belt rig from a friend, and it had 4 mag pouches with it. So, I have a belt with 3 pouches and no holster.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Magnet allows for a handy way to stow a mag on stages where all magazines must start on a table. Pick it up and slap it on magnet and roll instead of trying to get it in a pouch.

I only use my magnet (in running through a stage) about once a year, when i come across an all-mags-on-table start.

However, I use it for every stage - it holds my load magazine before i make ready - and then it holds all of the used magazines at the end of the stage, so I'm not tempted to risk putting an empty mag in a belt pouch and forgetting to reload it

Sent by Jedi mind control

• 2 weeks later...

I like my DAA Racers (the plastic ones, not the Racemasters). Use them for single-stack too!

Do u have to run a insert in the plastic daa pouches for 2011 mags

I should clarify that my single-stack DAA Racers are dedicated single-stack pouches and that I use dedicated 2011 Racers for my 2011 mags.

I should have said "I like my DAA Racers for my 2011. I use the DAA Racer Single Stack mags for single-stack too"

The 2011 pouches don't have inserts for single-stack, only for Glock and M&P mags.

Sorry for the confusion!

Edited by EDA

I like my DAA Racers (the plastic ones, not the Racemasters). Use them for single-stack too!

Do u have to run a insert in the plastic daa pouches for 2011 mags

I should clarify that my single-stack DAA Racers are dedicated single-stack pouches and that I use dedicated 2011 Racers for my 2011 mags.

I should have said "I like my DAA Racers for my 2011. I use the DAA Racer Single Stack mags for single-stack too"

The 2011 pouches don't have inserts for single-stack, only for Glock and M&P mags.

Sorry for the confusion!

Do you like the daa better. I know the cr speed versa has the cut out finger slot for indexing the mags when pulling. Daa doesn't. Is there any difference. I like daa if there's no insert on the 2011. And does that tension knob have good tension being its bigger that a versa knob screw.

Don't get too excited about the tension adjustment on either the DAA or CR Speed. I'm not convinced it really makes a difference. The CR Speed is a little more prone to being unscrewed and lost. Dry fire reps will make more of a difference than the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely love then DAA magnetic mag pouch used with a couple of standard DAA pouches. The magnetic one should be positioned first on your belt because it's great for unloaded starts where all mags are on the table. You can quickly grab a spare mag and snap it to the magnet to be used later in the stage... no lost time trying to insert mag into pouch while you're on the clock.

I currently us Black Scorpion Gear pouches. Purchased them while shooting Production and transitioned right into limited with them. However after all the recommendations for the DAA i may have to give them a try. Are the Aluminum ones worth the extra cash??

I am using Safariland 773's since I can have them on els clips. I run a CR speed belt that I punched holes in for the els clips doing double duty for uspsa and a little bit of 3gun.

The pouches are reasonably fast, although i feel like I might prefer them a tad looser. I also wish they had a tad more adjustment on the clips, but it isn't a huge issue.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...