Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Secrets to Making a 9 Major Run (with vertical mount?)

MikeRush

That can be true. Sorry, I have not spoke to Kincade in a while. Cheers

Looks like Kincaid switched over from 38 super though. He was posting his DVC was in 9 major.

Not sure if you saw the video of the case head separation Shannon had, it's pretty epic though.

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalShootingAcademy/videos/822321477866165/

It seems that CMore has fixed the issues they were having with the RTS2 with the 3rd generation. The way that you can ensure you have the latest generation is to purchase the 8 MOA with the clear lense. I have over 10k on one of mine with no issues at all. I may be wrong but from what I'm reading it seems that everyone with the latest generation is having good luck with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had just about every mount made. I even look my gun with an offset mount and I seem to focus on the offset rather than the dot. The gun just does not present correctly. The 90 degree works 100%, but the gun's balance is off. I just began experimenting with the RTS2 and I think that is the way to go. The gun is balanced and no ejection tuning needed.

What mount are you using?

My mount is still in R&D stage. I didn't design it, but I don't know if the mount is ready for production. The one thing I can tell you--the RTS2 is centered on the mount, which is important to me. There is also a two sided in the works. I'm really looking forward to testing that one.

Looks like Kincaid switched over from 38 super though. He was posting his DVC was in 9 major.

Not sure if you saw the video of the case head separation Shannon had, it's pretty epic though.

Looks like a .38 in that vid with those barrel holes.

Looks like a .38 in that vid with those barrel holes.

In the comments he states it is a 9 Major and he isn't entirely happy with the switch. Autocomp and used brass. I can't help but think that feeding those huge holes and making major must take a pretty stout charge and possibly contributed to the separation.

Hello: The case separation is probably a Freedom munitions case or others that use a two piece case. I have seen quite a few of them here locally now. It leaves a nice brass ring in the chamber. These cases work ok for minor loads but major loads is where they cause a problem. Thanks, Eric