Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning 1911-22 opinions?

D.Hayden

Take a look at the GSG 1911. They run just fine. You can even upgrade them with parts from CW Accessories if you want more accuracy fos SS. They make effective comps also.

^^ What I did.^^

CWA has gotten a lot of my funds for parts, sights, mag internals/extensions....

It's a fun rim fire steel gun.

The GSG is nice... I bought the Sig 1911 22 (its the GSG gun with Sig written on it). I used it very heavily for a time but stopped shooting it much when 22 dried up for so long. At one point the rear sight screw backed out and it fell off! However it is very reliable and is 1911 sized, just a bit lightweight. I found it acceptable in all ways. It also comes threaded which is nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I don't like the dedicated 22's. They are usually made with an aluminum frame, besides the standard aluminum slide. My choice is if you already have a 1911 that you like, buy a conversion kit. I have a Kimber .45 1911, all steel gun. It's my single stack competition gun all tricked out. And I bought the Kimber .22 conversion kit for it. So, I have an all steel frame, which makes recoil with a .22 almost non-existent. And I have a frame with quality trigger, grips, etc., that is a familiar feel in my hand. The combination is usually flawless in performance, and I've won some .22 rimfire uspsa type matches with it.