Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Gen 4 jamming

obsessiveshooter

My problem: I get a stovepipe jam really often. The spent casing is stuck in the ejection port. Last match, I had a jam on 3 out of 4 stages. Cleaning my mags helps it not happen as often, but it still happens with clean mags.

I recently put in a new lone wolf extractor to see if it would help. No difference.

Currently running a 15lb spring, but still jams with my 14 lb spring. I am using a zev gen 3 guide rod with adapter. Not sure if the smaller diameter head of the rod vs the stock gen 4 rod head could be an issue.

My load is 180 grain FP over 4.5 gr titegroup. I don't have a chrono, but this really ought to make major. I'm using the stock barrel.

I know it could be a lot of things, but I'm not sure what is the best order to address them all. This thing is driving me crazy. I shoot the glock really well when it's running and I hate the thought of starting over with a new platform. I want to get the pistols performance fixed and get back to concentrating on my own performance.

I've done that before, so I cut the tab off the factory extended stop. It's so small now that I doubt I'm hitting it, but I do have a very high grip. I'm starting to wonder if my support hand thumb is touching the slide slowing it down. It naturally goes up high enough to do that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes. Even 9mm Glocks come stock with a 17lb. recoil spring and will cycle minor pf ammo so a G35 shooting anything close to major should cycle fine with a 15lb. spring.

Also try shooting it one handed and see if it still malfunctions. That will eliminate an issue with your weak hand grip.

Which means that even if I'm a little under major PF, I still shouldn't be oversprung.

Should not, Have you check your guide rod if anything is binding slowing down your slide? Thumb riding the slide as earlier mentioned could be any issue. Hope you find a solution.

Edited by bulm540

I have a G35 Gen4 that has about 5000 rounds through it, and it just started getting stovepipes at a rate of about 1 per 200 rounds. It ran perfectly for the first 4000 or so rounds (mostly minor or steel loads, 13# spring). I plan to take the extractor out of my much less used g22 and swap to see if that solves the issue.

I went to the range today, and shot about 70 rounds. I tried limp wristing, putting my weak hand thumb on the slide, shooting fast, slow. Not a single malfunction. It must be saving them up for my next match. I also plunk tested my ammo, something I've never done before. 100 rounds and every single one was consistently loose on the chamber. So I still have no clue what's been going wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk