Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Open Setup Request

BigBets

Could I get some expert opinions on the best 9mm open setup for running ammo in the 150 PF range or above. Mostly for 3 gun. I need to buy the parts and my builder will build anything but I am new to open and especially good barrel/comp/slide weight setups for this application

Thanks

Jacob

Light slide, light recoil spring, super light bullet, really slow powder. What kind of rig are you going to run, race holster, Kydex, WRS type stuff? Because you could always just run a hybrid type ported barrel and a slide mounted optic and run it in a retention holster.

I loaded 125gr bullets with 9.1 gr of AA7 for a 170pf. I experimented with 115 great bullets with the same powder charge, and they were 152pf. So, I don't have to adjust my 650 press for Major or steel loads, just change the bullets! And both are zeroed right in. I use an 8 lb recoil spring in an STI Trubor.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

i will be running a delta point on a traditional arredondo mount. Looking for barrel length/comp/popple hole combinations

Full size gun with5"bbl. lightened slide with Cheely Ti comp and you won't need holes. Put an 8lb variable spring in it and shoot everything from Wally World stuff to MAJOR PF with no issues.

What you may find out is the gun will perform better with full power MAJOR loads so you want to leave that door open

Is it Ti? I believe titanium is not recommended as a bearing surface.

Why make,it,its stronger and a lot lighter than steel,Brown'els has titanium comps to

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Shooters connection fav store has;

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Bedell-Custom-Titanium-Comp-P1759.aspx

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk