Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" 2011

FireShooter

I'm sure that there is a forum out there that has already had this discussion; but, I am going to have a 6" 2011 built for 3 gun, and who would y'all recommend. I have a budget of around $3500 max. so ready, set, go!

Oh and Bull or Bushing?

I just put money down on a Cheely build. You might touch base with atlas they seem to have great deals. They were my second choice. I went bull barrel, but I don't plan on shooting comp. Will 3 gun let you shoot a bull barrel? Matt has a loaded 6" on his site for 3700 I beleive. It may be a good option.

I had a 6" bushing built 2011 build by a smith in Idaho ... Once i got it broke in and ammo figured out it was a great 3 gun pistol ... I found no use for a 6" bull barrel almost made it to front heavy and with downloaded 3gun rounds recoil was not a issue and it was way more accurate than I am

A friend of mine has an Atlas built 6" .40 with a bushing barrel and PT grip. The gun is awesome all the way around.

I have shot it and a Cheely 6", they are both nice pistols. If I had to choose I would take the Atlas build.

Go with Glenn at Lone Star Innovations. He does some pretty amazing stuff. The gun he built me is smooth as glass, right as a vault and runs and runs and runs. Plus he's a vendor here on the forum. He's building me a U-Trac right now and I'm anxious to shoot it

Hayes Custom Guns should be in the conversation.

Team Benelli runs 'em, I want to say in at least one of the 3GN Pro Series 5 of the 8 shooters in the round were running their guns. They build outstanding gear, and it's a market that they are intimately familiar with.

Everyone is going to push you to "their" guy, because people want to justify spending their own dollars with someone, and if they made the choice, it's gotta be the best. The reality is, that there are some good choices out there, so you need to find who is going to build the best gun for you, based on what you need, what you want, and what you are prepared to spend. Like someone said earlier, you'll have to start making some calls, and doing some homework.