Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal magazines?

bzt

I have a CZ75 Accu Shadow coming in in a few weeks to replace my worn out Beretta 92 Elite II. I want everything in place. There will be no issue with DA/SA thing since my beretta is the same way. I am a little leary on how to decock it with the manual safety instead of a decocker like I currently have.

Anyway. Reading through this forum, there seems to differing opinions on magazines, and not fitting in the box and such.Then I read a thread or two about mec-gars not falling out when mag release or the trigger not resetting.

I need to know the best high cap magazine that I can get and be production legal.

lets beat this dead horse some more....

mec-gar 17 round with blue follower (or the same magazine chromed available at CZ Custom).

Many including me like to add an aluminum baseplate (shockbottle or Springer) but I did fine without the baseplates too.

With tall Halo rear sight and aluminum basepad need to check and be sure fits in the box I guess.

Eric

mec-gar 17 round with blue follower (or the same magazine chromed available at CZ Custom).

Many including me like to add an aluminum baseplate (shockbottle or Springer) but I did fine without the baseplates too.

With tall Halo rear sight and aluminum basepad need to check and be sure fits in the box I guess.

Eric

what is the benefit of the SP base plates?

Decocking any CZ75 is simple. You simply slide your support hand index finger or thumb before your hammer, pull the trigger and ride the hammer down, then slide out your finger before releasing the trigger. Will work 100% of the time without issue once you figure it out. All of the other methods I have seen appear to be unsafe.

The best reliability I have had has been with the Mecgar/factory 16 rounders with the rubber basepads. With the extended Shadow magazine release, I prefer to contour them with a dremel to fit the inside of the magwell for reliability.

The 17 round Mecgar AFC or the 18 round SP01 mags will fit in the box with the stock or Springer basepads. The 18 round SP01 mags need +10% springs to run reliably.

the MecGar 16's don't fall free?

It was trigger reset http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=222615 and wont fall http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=188436

will factory 18 rnd mags work?

I have seen factory 18 and I think it was adjustable sights not fit. The box was within dimensions and a commercially available one (not home made).

Eric

what is the benefit of the SP base plates?

good question! (I use shockbottle pads from Ben Stoeger Proshop)

Benefits of Shockbottle and/or Springer Precision basepads:

keeping up with the cool guys? perfectionism? If Ben uses aluminum basepads so should I? ;)

With my large hands I do feel that the longer mag length with the aluminum basepad in place is a little easier for me to grab and hold consistently during reload.

Also the small amt extra weight might help empty mag drop free quicker? (On rare basis I have previously had empty non weighted mag sluggish to drop free especially if I over push and hold the mag release so it rubs on the mag.)

Keep in mind that using an aluminum basepad essentially doubles the price of the mag.

Eric

What about the factory 18rd mags like the ones that come with the pistol?

I use these with +10% springs as backup mags for Production and as primary mags when shooting Limited Minor with my 9mm Shadow (which is a blast by the way) They work fine for me. They also worked fine with stock springs but I put the +10% springs in anyway as people seem to reccomend on this forum.

Eric

Edited by eric4069

• 2 weeks later...

Eric

I also use the MecGar 10s (basically the 17's with a dimple) and they work great.

I ended up with the 3 18's that came with it, and 4 mec-gar 17's.. Spent a crap ton of money on gun stuff lately. So holding off on the SP base pads.. Maybe next month, Thanks for all the help.