Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dream Camp Gun: Does Mine or Yours Exist?

BAC0228A-C343-4182-9266-4D1BEFEFEA09_zps

This is mine that fits the bill. 16" barrel, holds like 9 rounds of .44mag in the tube if I remember correct. This has the shit stock sights on it but can be swapped with a nicer set from this place http://www.stevesgunz.com it's stainless so I don't have to worry about rust, and it's like $500 brand new so I don't worry if it gets a little banged up.

BAC0228A-C343-4182-9266-4D1BEFEFEA09_zps

This is mine that fits the bill. 16" barrel, holds like 9 rounds of .44mag in the tube if I remember correct. This has the shit stock sights on it but can be swapped with a nicer set from this place http://www.stevesgunz.com it's stainless so I don't have to worry about rust, and it's like $500 brand new so I don't worry if it gets a little banged up.

I want it!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Break open H&R 12 gage, got it used years ago for $39. 5 rounds of full house slug on the sleeve, and 5 more in the buck stock hole. Cut it down from 30" to 18.5", drilled and taped the front sight back in, it is POI/POA at 75 yards. Nothing bigger than small black bears where we camp, otherwise my carry G31, Double Tap 125's going 1,600fps.

image35475.jpg

Edited by 9x45

Break open H&R 12 gage, got it used years ago for $39. 5 rounds of full house slug on the sleeve, and 5 more in the buck stock hole. Cut it down from 30" to 18.5", drilled and taped the front sight back in, it is POI/POA at 75 yards. Nothing bigger than small black bears where we camp, otherwise my carry G31, Double Tap 125's going 1,600fps.

image35475.jpg

Damn, never heard of anybody finding an O/U that cheap! I'd probably do the same thing.

Ah, that's funny. The glare down the barrel had me think it was a double. I've had my coffee now.

As it happens I'm actually camping right now. My real camp gun is an old Winchester 1300 Defender (my first gun purchase when I turned 18) with a used flashlight I got here on BEnos.

Cool thread!!

For me it's a pump 12gauge with slugs if there's a chance of bear. And always carry my 625 loaded with 230gr jhp and 8.0 gr of WSF. Takes it into .44 special territory but with moonclip reloads. And no I didn't make that load up lol, it's out of the Sierra manual, they have a revolver only section for .45 ACP.

Dream gun would be a lever action in .45 Auto Rim so it could run the same load as my 625, I know kinda crazy.

• 3 months later...

Ruger PC9 or PC4, use Ruger P85 type mags. 9mm will kill Goats to 75m, 40 will kill small deer at that range. With either 16rounds 125gr JHP or 12 rounds 180gr JHP on tap I think they will put down anything I am ever going to run into down here.

Ruger PC9 or PC4, use Ruger P85 type mags. 9mm will kill Goats to 75m, 40 will kill small deer at that range. With either 16rounds 125gr JHP or 12 rounds 180gr JHP on tap I think they will put down anything I am ever going to run into down here.

You're beginning to convince me to get a Kriss, lol!

• 2 weeks later...

I like my 1927 Winchester 92 in 32-20 with a 24" barrel. It's a take-down model. Match that to a brace of SAA clones in 32-20. All shooting 115gr LRNFP with a full case of black powder behind them. Or my newer Uberti 1860 in 44-40, with a brace of Bisleys in 44-40. 200gr LRNFP with a full case of black powder. If the bullets don't get you, all of the smoke will!

Or how about a Marlin lever gun in 10mm with a matching Delta Elite? 13 rounds of full power 10mm in the lever gun, 9 in the 1911.

Or how about a Marlin lever gun in 10mm with a matching Delta Elite? 13 rounds of full power 10mm in the lever gun, 9 in the 1911.

That would be sweet!

Get a Marlin 1894 in 41 magnum and a S&W 657 to go with it. It is 3 rounds less than your dream setup but it's probably as close as you can get to that setup.

That would be sweet!

Get a Marlin 1894 in 41 magnum and a S&W 657 to go with it. It is 3 rounds less than your dream setup but it's probably as close as you can get to that setup.

I've heard nothing but great things about the .41 Magnum. I wouldn't mind going that route at all.

Mine would be an 8" SBR in 300BO ballistics of a 30-30 with the accuracy and rate of fire of an AR. Good light on it, too, because the woods are dark. Maybe as a pistol instead, to make travel easier. The wilderness here has more pigs and snakes than bears.

Currently have that set up, but would love it with a suppressor. That way we can play with it in the woods without bothering anyone!

• 1 month later...

Ended up adding a 5" S&W 629 classic to the stable. Now looking for a good IWB holster for it and it will become the camp gun rather than the 1911 with 250grn +P loads from the lazer cast manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk