Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite aftermarket add-ons for Dillon ?

Adding the Mr. Bullet Feeder to my press is by far the best addition I have done.

Yeah one of these days I am gonna pony up the money for one of those. I would love to actually see one work though even though YouTube shows them in action. Just can't seem to find anyone around that actually has one.

Edited by bfalcon00

Probably in order of their awesomeness (these are on a 650):

Shellplate Bearing and low mass ball

Mr bullet feeder

Inline fab light kit

Sounds small but loaded bin dam is excellent

Love my billet clamped whidden tool head

Spent primer fitting and tube to a big bottle on the floor

Primer tube rack is very handy too

After buying all this and more you realise you probably could have bought a 1050...

Probably in order of their awesomeness (these are on a 650):

Shellplate Bearing and low mass ball

Mr bullet feeder

Inline fab light kit

Sounds small but loaded bin dam is excellent

Love my billet clamped whidden tool head

Spent primer fitting and tube to a big bottle on the floor

Primer tube rack is very handy too

After buying all this and more you realise you probably could have bought a 1050...

My used 1050s were both cheaper than my new 650 + accessories not including the bullet feeder.

Thrust bearing.

Spent primer chute into bottle under loading table. (Still finding spent primers on the floor from before this change.)

Micrometer adj on powder measure.

I would add my Totally Crimson Bullet feeder, but i haven't built it yet.

Yes but you are the master bargain hunter!!

But I totally agree with your point. So many balk at the sticker price of a 1050 and then go and spend more on a 650 + a dozen doodads. I'm certainly guilty....

Yeah I am just as guilty as the rest of you on that as well. I don't like how dillon excludes the 1050 from the warranty though. I realize why they do, but that has always been a major hang up for me for some reason.

What are your favorite aftermarket (e.g., Uniquetek, MRDial, Inline Fabrication, etc) add-ons, parts, or kits for your Dillon machines ?

I looked at some of those items (Uniquetek micrometer powder measure adjustment for $60 is more than I want to spend, MRDial haven't looked at, Inline Fabrication stuff is too expensive for me). For both my XL650, and now my Super 1050 I made my own light set ups for less than $5. Made my own spent primer tube "thingys" for less than $3. Was about to make an XL650 primer catcher for the chute for about $3, but bought the 1050 and am going to sell the 650. Cut my own XL650 and 1050 Acro ammo bin dams out of sheet aluminum for probably less than 25 cents each.

I bought my first 1050 last month and was going to make my own clear primer viewers, but I saw this and bought 1 and a spare. So far I really like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201430010022

RL901, I am the same way. I can't justify the prices charged for the primer add on's, the Inline Fab add-ons etc.

However, I did go for the Uniquetek micrometer adjustment.

WIth 4 pistol calibers to load, and at the time only 1 powder measure (now 2),

adjustments were a b*itch.

With the Uniquetech micro it became a breeze to match a prior powder settings. The consistency is hard to beat.

Edited by Jimk60

A place called A&W bearing, any local bearing supply should have them, I have also heard NAPA auto parts stocks them as well.bearing.jpg

I guess the op didn't specify a model, for some reason I had the 650 in mind.

Yeppers, you just need a Timken part number!

In order of greatness:

Mr Bulletfeeder - makes loading so fast and easy

UniqueTek Micrometer Powder Bar - So easy to dial in exact amount the first time

Inline Fab Handle - helps the elbow on priming during the upstroke

Spent primer tube - no more hassle with spent primers - homemade works fine

The thrust bearing depends on the press i think. My first press threw powder and I couldn't eliminate it by adjusting it. Bearing helped a lot. Second press doesn't snap and have never had a need to add the bearing.

Best upgrade (maybe tied with the mr bulletfeeder) was going to the 1050 and priming on the down stroke.