Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great match! Ended up 18th in B class which was good considering the FTE I had on the last target on stage 3...and the 3 misses, 1 on stage 10,11 and 12. I really enjoyed shooting with everyone in squad 37, great bunch of folks :).

On a side note did anyone notice the coating missing on the feed ramp of the DVC Limited pistol? Not good.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also told a lot of foreign shooters from one country went sub but I didn't ask who or where the Ammo came from. Unless i know for a FACT, I'm not going to say a companies name and I'm not sure i would if I knew. That would look bad of whom ever is assuming. IMHO

Edited by a matt

I also missed my PF at this match. New gun and used loads I know made 176 in my trubor with popple holes. The load only made 156 in this new gun. Sucks to be Open Minor, lots of points lost.

I really have to find a way to chrono indoors. Its the only time I have with my work schedule.

This was a great match, tough stages for single stack! (I know that's my own fault).. I had about 20 hours of driving for this one so I made extra sure on the ammo and blasted away with some 177 pf loads to be extra sure I made it. I feel bad for all of those that got blind sided with low power ammo. Thats a no-good way to end up on the chrono stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cha-lee they never put in print when the shooters meeting was going to be. They did yelled when they decided. Lol but I'll say that and the fact that a guy ran stage 4 and 5 with this same time & same hits on the same targets. Those 2 issues was all I heard of as far as what the match officials could control, that's pretty good. That guy should have played the lotto that shot those 2 seperated stages identically. Great match, lots of hard work by all. Thanks and congrats on your finish!!

Edited by a matt

Cha-lee they never put in print when the shooters meeting was going to be. They did yelled when they decided. Lol but I'll say that and the fact that a guy ran stage 4 and 5 with this same time & same hits on the same targets. Those 2 issues was all I heard of as far as what the match officials could control, that's pretty good. That guy should have played the lotto that shot those 2 seperated stages identically. Great match, lots of hard work by all. Thanks and congrats on your finish!!

Allen, I was one of the ROs on 4 and 5 and that's the first I've heard of that. Do you happen to know who the shooters were and were they one the same squad?

Was the cash payout/prize schedule ever posted? I am wondering what 3rd overall in Limited gets me.

I'm sure it will be decent, considering I got a gun for winning limited C class.

We looked into the 4/5 deal before results were posted. It looked legit to us. I don't recall name though. We did have a few issues to resolve such as shooters scored on wrong person but I believe all were caught and corrected.

I heard back from the MD......

Evidently finishing 3rd overall in Limited does not justify any award or prize. I am dumbfounded in how the top 3 - 5 overall can't be recognized when there are 142 competitors within the division. :sick:

Evidently finishing 3rd overall in Limited does not justify any award or prize. I am dumbfounded in how the top 3 - 5 overall can't be recognized when there are 142 competitors within the division. :sick:

I was going to make a snarky remark but I will just say......that blows. Working hard to get to and compete at the top should be rewarded.

I was going to make a snarky remark but I will just say......that blows. Working hard to get to and compete at the top should be rewarded.

For profit match? Edited by zhunter

Actually now that I think about it area 6 championship matches pay the top finishers in each class, so 1-5 in G,M,A,B,C,D get a check. State and sectional matches pay top placers in division and class, pay outs are less in these type of matches. I won C Limited at GA state in 2014 and recieved a check for $120. I think the higher classes got more because one of my buddies who is a M class got $200 for his first place finish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My understand was the top 5, but they could have said as long as the required # of shooter are in the class we will pay tru 5th place. This is why all this should be in writing before the match starts. The place and time for the shooters meeting and exactly the payout and how it is determined. They said they were going to show where all the money went. I'm just curious as to how a for profit match works out compared to the not for. It will interesting to see the numbers. We all may be having for profit before toooo long. ?????

Edited by a matt

They could do it similar to the payout structure in poker. (I used to play a lot of poker lol)

So say 20-16th place gets $50 each, 15-11th gets $100, 10-6th gets $200 and then the top five gets more. Say $250 for 5th, $325 for 4th, $475 for 3rd, $650 for 2nd and $900 for first.

So a total of $4,350 per class times 6 classes.

So $26,100 total.

So subtract that from $108,000 and you see what i mean...

Even if you subtract the staff free entry fees and the free rooms at the match hotel, they still made $50k + not to mention the side match money and the raffle for the Akai.

Edited by MrPostman

The Ti coating was partially flaked off which means the coating wasn't applied properly. I am a part time machinist/gunsmith and my HSS end mills are coated in the same substance and they still look like new after a few years of cutting various materials.