Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's in the Blue Kool-Aid?

I got a 650 delivered today. This is my first press, but having a Cabelas and other reloading specialty shops in the area I've had the chance to closely check out a few other brands for comparison. To sum it up, I wrote this email to a friend of mine:

"I never felt so good about spending $589. This is left over from when 'Made in America' meant what it used to. As I unpacked the box I couldn't stop thinking "suspension components" - maybe a slight exaggeration, but the handle is a 1.5lb solid bar! The powder coating is beautiful, all around quality...and it even comes with a genuine Duracell battery. Plus a "No BS" lifetime transferable warranty. This thing is #$&! awesome."

I have no reason to knock any other product, but I will say that I'm glad I waited and feel pretty awesome about my decision. People talk about the 'Blue Kool-Aid' but I wonder if they don't just lace the packaging - it hits you as soon as you open the box!

Seriously, I would say the Kool-Aid is definitely spiked with a hefty amount of quality and class. You don't see much of that anymore these days.

*Disclosure: I could't get use PayPal financing on this site so the bare press came from eBay. I don't feel great about that but I have started getting the accessories from this site.

Edited by StraightSh00ter

Dillons are like Glocks, pretty much un-stopable. Report back after you get to at least 100,000 rounds. I never heard of black kool aid either.

I dillons are even higher up, I would put them in the realm of the 1911. Over 100 years and no signs of stopping.

Well, I shoot a 1911 so now it's all making sense :bow:

84049d89-34c8-4337-a05f-84d39a3bea5d_zps

#StainlessGunsMatter

I got the Dillon media separator - Geez - a metal hinge, metal handle, mechanical latch, solid plastic and even a pin to keep the bucket from turning. So worth the extra few bucks.

Nice stuff!!

Sarge's 9mm minor PF loads was my deciding factor to reload. I don't plan on setting up the machine until after this weekend so I can finish painting and make some room, and have a little focus left for practice. My bullet order won't be here until Friday anyway.

Edited by StraightSh00ter

Dillon reloading press.

Magical words that mean something.

There are few awesome products left in this world.....

If I had to rank 4 I could sell and still sleep at night,.......they would be

1. Dillon reloading presses

2. Grasshopper mowers

3. Stihl chainsaws,....Husqvarna too, not trying to start a chainsaw debate, both good.

Kool Aid not required.

My 650 isn't my first press. I came from the best progressive press on the market, the Loadmaster. Constant tinkering, fiddling, and it still lead to problems that caused stalls. It was modified and still no good.

The Dillon 650 might be pricey but bottom line is, it just works. That's what's in the koolaid. I wish I bought this as my first progressive press!