Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Limited Shooters using frame weights

RangerTrace

Btw. I am a forum vendor. I am working directly with SJC and have some ready to ship. The black ones are .125 the green is a double layer. image_zpsu5dwxkoi.jpeg

How much? Would they mount to a doh hanger? I'm just curious because I've thought about trying the weight but I don't like open race holsters.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cost as low as $41 up to as high as you want for a double layer etc. they will mount to the boss, or springer.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased one of the Red Hill Tactical SJC Glock holsters for my G35 I use in Limited. A very high quality holster that fits the SJC equipped pistol perfectly. Very nicely finished and has a firm adjustable fit with an easy release and smooth draw. This is the holster I have been waiting for. 4 thumbs up!!!

Best money I ever spent for the results received. Now that we have a relatively inexpensive holster that works we are in business!! There were a lot of people who would not do the frame weight because they didn't want to go to an open frame holster, now they don't have any excuse and can enjoy shooting their guns as much as we do.

Now if we can just talk Kingman into a G24/17L holster so we can run the Taylor Freelance Sight tracker 6" guns what more could we want?

Edited by bowenbuilt

so, frame weights are permitted for limited class, but flash lights are not. if the weights are permitted, then why are flash lights not? but using a gutted flash light as a frame weight, that is permitted? or am i reading this thread wrong? if that is the case, then were in the rules does it say this?

It's certainly tempting for the G35. But I hate to change holsters........I can swap G34, G35 right now.......

I recommend eating a couple more burgers, leaning into the gun, and working on hand/forearm strength -- but then I'm not a buy performance kind of guy when it comes to shooting Glocks..... :P:P

When I first got a 35, the recoil threw me a bit -- but once i learned to really focus on body mechanics and the crush-grip I could drive it like my production 34.....

LOL, yeah, or more.pancakes with lots of butter and brown sugar.

This is great news. I ordered a SJC frame weight with thumb rest for my Glock last week, which I'm using for both 3 Gun and USPSA. I am looking for 2 holsters, a race holster for USPSA and then something with stronger retention for 3 Gun.

The Red Hill Tactical holster looks like a great competition holster, perfect for 3 Gun, and molded for the frame weight. Sweet!

I will have to remove the thumb rest, but I'm ok with that for now.

I'm also looking at a second holster, in addition to the RHT holster, a race holster for USPSA and see that folks report that the CR speed works well with the frame weight. Was hoping to use use a DAA Race Master for the improved retention. Anyone try a Glock and SJC frame weight with a DAA Race Master? Any mods required? Curious if it's possible.

Haven't heard of anyone using a race master. The Guga Ribas may work since it's so adjustable you can move up the trigger locking portion quite a bit and may be able to clear the weight on the holster body.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw. I am a forum vendor. I am working directly with SJC and have some ready to ship. The black ones are .125 the green is a double layer.

image_zpsu5dwxkoi.jpeg

I would really like to get ahold of one of these cut for the thumb rest.