Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wow this opens up a whole new challenge..... start with your empty pistol holstered, carbine and shotgun slung, empty and hot precision rifle in hands. They are all empty because you are going to have to go prone. :)

Edited by kurtm

Wow this opens up a whole new challenge..... start with your empty pistol holstered, carbine and shotgun slung, empty and hot precision rifle in hands. They are all empty because you are going to have to go prone. :)

They are all empty because I can't afford ammo after buying a scope for the bolt gun!

Edited by CJW

Heck, we can do better than that....start behind the belt fed, carbine, shotgun, precision rifle and submachinegun slung, pistol holstered. ;)

Edited by kurtm

jeez I sure hope not. one thing I don't like about 3 gun (vs 2g or uspsa) is having to drag all that stuff (guns, gear, ammo) to a match, and all the cleaning afterwards. adding another third to that for a fourth gun and gear would be over the top. and my converted jogging stroller only holds two long guns...

maybe we could have a separate overwatch division shooting the match at the same time, just the LR stuff...

2-man teams would really let matches "wring out" long range precision guns, since targets could be engaged with both a precision rifle AND a spotting scope.

I'm thinking each team member would have his/her own pistol, but the shotgun, carbine, and precision gun would be shared. Both shooters have to engage at least target on every stage, but "passing" of guns on a stage isn't allowed (as in, only one shooter per gun on any given stage). Possibly each shooter has to engage at least one target with each of the 4 guns.

Stages could be shot in "relay" fashion, or if stage design and terrain allows, with both shooters engaging targets simultaneously.

2-man teams would really let matches "wring out" long range precision guns, since targets could be engaged with both a precision rifle AND a spotting scope.

I'm thinking each team member would have his/her own pistol, but the shotgun, carbine, and precision gun would be shared. Both shooters have to engage at least target on every stage, but "passing" of guns on a stage isn't allowed (as in, only one shooter per gun on any given stage). Possibly each shooter has to engage at least one target with each of the 4 guns.

Stages could be shot in "relay" fashion, or if stage design and terrain allows, with both shooters engaging targets simultaneously.

That sounds like a really cool match! Great ideas, hopefully someone will run with it.

Teamwork in a match? No thanks. My job is very teamwork dependent, the last thing I want is to need teamwork to do something fun. I would hate to have my success or failure at a match to be partially dependent on someone else's skill or lack thereof. I'll be sticking with the individual sports.