Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 vs M3K

david8989

I got the M3K on a whim and I can't make up my mind if I really want to keep it. I have not even shot it. I called MOA today to see about getting an extended mag tube for it, I am waiting on a call back. I love my 1301 and I was thinking of shooting open next year, I already have an MKA1919...

Haha, our "normal" business hours (pacific coast time) are 6:30 am when the first guy here unlocks the door (usually Jonathan) until I give up and go home somewhere between 6:30 and 9pm. In the wintertime when work is slow(er), I usually go home no later than 7pm. Unless I am prototyping new parts for SHOT........... , or trying to get a little ahead so I don't feel guilty about going to a match........ or :rolleyes: I only spent the night here maybe 15 times in the last year because there wasn't enough time to bother going home before coming back. The Joys of owning a business..... :eatdrink:

I got the M3K on a whim and I can't make up my mind if I really want to keep it. I have not even shot it. I called MOA today to see about getting an extended mag tube for it, I am waiting on a call back. I love my 1301 and I was thinking of shooting open next year, I already have an MKA1919...

If you don't end up keeping th M3K please let me know, My friend is looking to get one of these. Thanks.

The Stoeger P3K package can be performed on either a M3000 or the M3K. The photos Pat posted of the P3K are of a M3000 that the work was done to. I think the big difference between the M3000 and M3K is going to be how much material you are able to remove from the loading port. The M3K has a relocated serial number and that allows more material to be removed if you desire. The MOA packages, competition or P3K, can be performed on either shotgun.

Pat or Tom, please correct me if I am wrong.

The Stoeger P3K package can be performed on either a M3000 or the M3K. The photos Pat posted of the P3K are of a M3000 that the work was done to. I think the big difference between the M3000 and M3K is going to be how much material you are able to remove from the loading port. The M3K has a relocated serial number and that allows more material to be removed if you desire. The MOA packages, competition or P3K, can be performed on either shotgun.

Pat or Tom, please correct me if I am wrong.

You got it!

I really wish that it was available with the 24" or 26" barrel as we have the M3k but would have rather had a 26" barrel over the 24" it came with. It is just personal preference though I guess. This gun is my 12 y/o's gun and I also with Stoeger would offer the shorter stock for sale separately or offer LOP spacers on the stock so we didn't have to chop up the factory stock on it for kids or vertically challenged folks.

Mark, Where have you been able to find a stock in order to modify one? I contacted Stoeger and they did not have one available

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/ctgy/stoeger-m3500-parts

A little hint...an M3500 lifter trimmed works really well in a friends M3000. :)

No to highjack the thread, but thanks for that link! The last time I took my M3000 apart to refine my original port work, I managed to loose the carrier pin retainer. This is the first place I have seen that had one.

Not a huge issue really. I twisted a small wire tightly in the groove around the pin and then folded it back and forth as needed as I tucked it down into the slot for the retainer. It's been a non issue for 500-600 rds, but it will be nice to know it's back together properly.