Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 vs M3K

david8989

Okay guys I couldn't find a thread outlining my exact question and I couldn't find the info in the 104 page M3000 thread either, lol! I am about to move from 2 gun to 3 gun and through much research have decided on the Stoeger as the shotgun I am going to purchase. My issue is deciding on either the M3000 or the M3K as a more cost effective option in the long term. Through my research the M3K has an oversized safety ($35), oversized bolt release ($20), charging handle ($30), and an opened up loading port ($120). All for an extra $100 over the M3000. I plan on having MOA precision open up the loading port even more so the money I would save on that is gone. So essentially im paying an extra $100 for $85 in parts from MOA. Seems to me that if im looking at this correctly I should just go with the M3000 and send it to MOA for some work and save a few bucks, right?

The M3K has a 24" barrel, 3 extended chokes and a choke wrench, it has an enlarged loading port and a relocated serial number, a polished magazine tube for the action, an extended charging handle, an oversized safety, and an oversized bolt release, it has a red fiber optic sight. I just got one for my son last week. Hope this helps.

If you are going to be sending it to MOA right away just get the M 3000, the only advantage would be the extended choke tubes, I am going to be replacing the charging handle with an MOA unit on out M3k as the factory one does not rotate or spin. But by going with the M3K you would be able to open up the port more if that is something you wanted to do. I mean I guess it really is just a toss up.

I had a friend that had one on the shelf for a few weeks at hi shop and he gave it to me for a great deal it was the only one they had come in. I am going to put a youth stock on it for my 11 y/o to start competing. I talked with MOA and will be buying a 26" youth model and having them do their package on it. I will swap the youth stock on to my sons M3k and put his stock on the 26" for me. That side charging setup is awesome.

Edited by rescue6

If you aren't in a HUGE hurry, I have an M3K that we are running through the ringer right now. We will be posting side-by-side comparisons, and then I am going to take full advantage of the relocated serial number to take the porting as far as possible. At that point there will be a photo log of features, and you will be able to see exactly how much there is to be gained with the M3K as a base model as opposed to the M3000. Unfortunately the project is getting pushed back a little because I injured my back yesterday morning and ended up in the hospital. Trying to get back to walking in time to drive my son to the MGM Junior camp in a couple days.

When it rains it pours I guess :(

Im not in a huge hurry seeing as finding an M3K currently is going to be pretty tough. I want to make sure I have all my options explored before jumping into the shotgun portion of 3-gun. This will likely be the only shotgun I can get for a good long time so I want to make sure I get the most effective bang for my buck right out of the gate. I will be looking forward to your review, openclassterror. I hope your back heals quickly.

If you load with the right hand, I would go with the M3000 and send to MOA. If you load with the left hand, the M3K might be a better choice due to the moved serial number. If you are not going to get a Carbon Arms tube, the M3K might be a better choice.

Once moa gets the loading port perfected I'm sending mine in for that and a thinner fo front sight. Here it is with the rci 12 shell tube. Also added the TT lighter springs which are nice. Waiting on the benelli extractor spring to come in so I can do the extractor. Cheek-ez is ordered too.

post-58243-0-19655000-1437259810_thumb.j

Edited by doc187

Well I have to admit, i'm getting a little confused by what yall are saying. I am completely new to competition shotgun. After reading the responses I have been given and doing my own research I have decided to start with a "load 2" method then advanced to the "quad load" using a carbon arms backbone. That way i'm not buying different set ups down the road. As for if I will do it strong or weak hand, I couldn't tell ya till I get some time to try both out. If I was to go ahead and get the M3K would it be a serviceable 3 gun shotgun with only the edition of the extended mag tube to start out with? Also where would be a good place to start looking for them to come in at?

Once moa gets the loading port perfected I'm sending mine in for that and a thinner fo front sight. Here it is with the rci 12 shell tube. Also added the TT lighter springs which are nice. Waiting on the benelli extractor spring to come in so I can do the extractor. Cheek-ez is ordered too.

What extension tube is that? Looks good man

I placed my order for the m3k but it will be at least 6 weeks before it arrives. Realistically, it will be closer to 8 or even 10 weeks. My plan was to use the m3k this season with an extension add on and then over the winter send it to MOA. I'm curious to see the MOA M3K version when it is out, hopefully the timing will work.

However, now I'm tempted to just go with the M3000 MOA version and be done with it. Thankfully the store I ordered it from said that canceling before it actually ships is no problem. I would prefer to not stick an extra gun on their shelf.

We are currently having extreme difficulty getting a large enough supply of all models (M3000 in 24 or 26" barrels as well as M3Ks), as we are pretty much depleting the entire supply in our sales district. If any of you have M3Ks on order, or even M3000s of either barrel length listed, we are considering starting a trade-in program to get shotguns from outside our sales area. PLEASE don't cancel guns that are on order! Perhaps we can work out a mutually beneficial deal where you can ship your shotgun to us for a rebate, or to save extra background checks and duplicate transfers, we can buy the gun you have on order from your dealer when it arrives if we can deliver your gun prior to its arrival. As of today, Stoeger industries said extra 24" replacement barrels are 4-6 MONTHS (!) out, due to the demand of complete guns. The best way to ensure quickest delivery on custom guns is to buy any that you come across for a reasonable price, and send it to us rather than waiting on us for complete guns. We are pre-selling all we can get weeks before they arrive. The only exception is the occasional gun that gets canceled before it ships, which then goes to the next available customer that ordered the same features. Thanks so much for your patience guys! I actually just had Sportsman's Warehouse do store-to-store transfers of every 26" they have in this half of the state to our local store to supplement what we can get so we can build some of the guns that have been on order for over a month. It means we break even on every gun, but at least they will get built sooner than otherwise.

Okay guys I went ahead and pulled the trigger and pre-ordered a M3K through euro-optic. Now i'm trying to go ahead and get the proper tube ext for it on backorder from MOA. I will be shooting tac-ops and its a 4+1 so I would need a +5 round tube, correct? That way I could load 8 and have a little extra tube. Is there any advantage to a longer tube in tac-ops? Like I said guys, bear with me because i'm new to the shotgun part of this. Thanks for your help

Is there a noticeable speed difference from shot-to-shot on inertia driven systems like the M3000/M3K and the gas-piston systems like the Beretta 1301 or Mossberg JM Pro?

Edited by Scrmblr