Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel choice, rise armament or black hole

I have a .308 and a .223 with BHW barrels. Both are very nice. Went together well, accurate, clean, zero complaints. Might be biased a bit since BHW is only about 30 minutes from my office though. All my interactions have been really positive with them.

I've never shot a rise, i have no doubt they make nice barrels. Several friends of mine have them and have posted some very nice groups with them. I have had 2 bhw weaponry barrels. Both of them very easy to clean and very accurate. The first one shoots a dime sized group @ 200. The 2nd I've only zeroed,and it groups about quarter sized @ 200. I'm sure that will improve once i break the barrel in.

Believe it or not the most accurate one is a carbine length, m4 profile, 16", 1/8 twist. The other is a mid length, not sure on the profile, it's bigger than the m4, but not a heavy by any means, it's 1/8 twist as well.

I've got an 18", fluted, rifle length, 1/8 twist, satern liberty barrel as well. I had some issues with it at first, but once i got it lined ou it's been lights out as well. The bhw weaponry barrels achieve within 30-40 fps of the longer satern barrel. I'm guessing because of the polygonal rifling.

Another vote for Black Hole Weaponry. It's accurate for an old, out of breath shooter to take Rocky Mountain 3 Gun's targets out to 550 yards with one shot per target. That barrel is an 18" light contour, shooting 55 V Max bullets over 25.5 of H335.