Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holster for 929

Craig-2008

I too use a AA Racemaster.... I bought the S&W insert and the Glock insert so that I could use the same holster for either (other inserts are also available) ....I use EZ off and on mag holders/moon clip holders, so it's no hassle to go from one to the other... That said, make sure you get the new "magnetic" block style.... I've had my share of issues with the "old style" S&W block in the holster (Difficult lock in). Of course "Saul" says thousands of them in use with no problems?????....and he did offer the upgrade if I mailed it to him overseas....(NO thanks)....When properly locked in, you can go skydiving and not loose the gun...and flick the lock release in mille seconds....

I make an adapter to go on a Hogue Power Speed holster. The holster locks the gun in solid, but is out as fast as you can draw. It can be any barrel length from 4 to 8-3/8 in a few seconds. You can have a scoped gun, PPC gun, stock gun, all with one holster. There are pictures in my Protocall Design vendor tent.

I run the DA Racer. Same concept as the Racemaster except polymer instead of an aluminum body and does not use inserts. Just as smooth and fast at about half the cost. If you are going to use it for only one gun, there is not really a benefit to the Racemaster over the Racer. For two guns, you can get a Racemaster and two inserts or two Racers for about the same price. But my revolver belt is only for revolver and my auto belt is only for auto, so two holsters work better than one for me.

I just put my revolver belt together yesterday. I went with the bladetech speed rig. First impressions is that I hate it. Way to flimsy with the bladetech doh hangar. Might try swapping my boss hangar from my production belt and see if that helps any. Kind of wishing I had just went with the DAA race master now

I just put my revolver belt together yesterday. I went with the bladetech speed rig. First impressions is that I hate it. Way to flimsy with the bladetech doh hangar. Might try swapping my boss hangar from my production belt and see if that helps any. Kind of wishing I had just went with the DAA race master now

the bladetech hanger is complete trash. If you check with a ruler, it wouldn't even be legal in uspsa, on my belt, it was like 3.5" away from belt.

boss hanger is what I am using, you will need to get screws/washers stacked to get it right.

I saw a gugas prototype this weekend that was awesome, if they start making them its what I'll buy...

I took the DOH off and was able to get the holes lined up without it to give the holster a slight forward rake which I like. I then cut the forward portion of the Holster with a dremel down several inches, about half way from the existing dip to the muzzle. I cut it so the barrel would not be caught as I draw. That solved the problem I had of the barrel ocassionally catching. I've compared it with a CR Speed I have and the differences were in the .04 range. There are too many variables to expect an advantage between 1.12 and a 1.08 to be of use in any match, except maybe a Steel Challenge Match.

Edited by pskys2

Will a safariland speed holster work?

The 002 Cup Challenge?

As far as I'm aware it should do. Safariland list it as a compatible model.

They used to make a 7" version, although I'm not sure if it's still in production.

The 002 Cup Challenge?

They used to make a 7" version, although I'm not sure if it's still in production.

The 002 Cup Challenge?

The 7" version is indeed still produced, bought one a couple months ago. Not ideal, but it has done what I've asked of it.