Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I want to know why you shoot IPSC, your motive, everything.

My motive:

adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!!adreneline!!!! :D

Beat myself!

Break my limits!

bye

Cause gunpowder is a lot like crack.... smoke it once and your hooked for life. All you gotta do is hear the beep one time and at the end of that stage you will know how you are supposed to spend the rest of your life.

Sometimes I wonder. <_<

I have always loved to shoot, and IPSC is by far the most fun, and fastest paced shooting I have yet to find. Also, I still have a long way to go in mastering the sport. I find that I get REALLY into a sport up to the point where I can't progress any further, then I move on. I have a VERY long way to go in IPSC.

I came to IPSC (USPSA) because of the type of shooting involved. Adding movement and multiple targets and props to your shooting creates an intense experience.

I stayed because of the people involved.

...Mark

I love the shootng sports, have for years. But also like to play/tinker with things, so, this is a great platform to do that, there are certainly enough options to keep anyone tinkering for years!!!!

I also like to compete! I compete against myself, long story, but when I start to reach my goals, all of a sudden I start to beat the people that I happen to be competing with. :D

Oh Yeah, adreneline!!!! :D

Because it's in my blood....

Because it's the best way I've found to pursue spiritual contact through performance...

Because testing oneself under pressure is part of the human psyche...

Because I have a knack for it...

Because I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning (and evening)...

Because it gives me a lot of confidence to know that I can handle a firearm in a stressful situation...

Because not many people can do it, and I can...

Because it drives anti-gunners nuts...

Because it's an ANSI standard buttload of fun!!!!!

Iv'e done other shooting sports, gallery, Silhouette, trap..... and If I had to do it all over again I would go straight to IPSC. I like the adreneline!!!! and the fact that every match is different, and the adreneline!!!! and stages are different and the adreneline!!!! . I also like the type of people that participate, they seem to be a lot more laid back and social then a lot of the stuffed shirts that you run into in other disciplines and I like the adreneline!!!! .

And it's fun!

Why do I breath?

I shoot IPSC for the same reason. It's part of who I am.

I, like Jake, simply want to be the best. IPSC often times affords me the chance to do that.

JB

I like the speed, creativity, and problem solving that good IPSC courses require. It's fun.

I also like the laid back atmosphere. I also shoot ISSF stuff (10m air pistol, rapid fire, etc.) and the folks seem so much more up tight...always whispering on the range, etc.

I shoot the game for several reasons.

1. I like to shoot. The round count on the stages allows me to shoot a lot.

2. I enjoy the company

3. I have been told I really seem to enjoy pain. So, with that in mind, having my butt handed to me at many matches a year must be enjoyable :)

To increase the pain factor, I shoot a revolver.

As long as you folks let me come I will be there :rolleyes:

Regards,

Why do I shoot IPSC?

It seemed like the right direction to go at the time..

I started first and foremost bird hunting with dad (shotgun).

When I turned 18 or so, I thought to myself that I like to shoot flying targets at times other than hunting seasons so I started shooting Skeet, Trap, and Sporting Clays.

When I turned 21 I bought a revolver for informal target practice.

I then saw people shooting at targets pretty far away (out to 200 meters) with a handgun and bought a Contender in 30-30 (Sillouette).

I also bought a rifle just because. I never really did much with this except try to find accurate loads for it. Occasionally I would take it to the 200 meter range and shoot steel gongs for fun.

Eventually, I heard rapid fire happening on the range and went to investigate. Yup, IPSC style shooting (that looks neat, I want to try that sometime). That was in the early 90's when I didn't have a lot of shooting days off (working in a restaurant, you don't get many weekend days off when matches happen).

By the late 90's I had finally bought a gun and the setup to start at least at a club level. They weren't affiliated with USPSA, so I just shot there for a while. I quit for a few years at that level because the people weren't all that helpful and were just plain rude to new shooters. One person in particular pissed me off too many times.

I was out shooting 5-stand at the same club and someone I'd known from my BBS days said to come back and have another go at it. At the time I had a 610 bought specifically for getting back into it. I've been doing it ever since (Summer 2000 I think).

Since then I've migrated to 2 other clubs that are USPSA affiliated and I haven't looked back. In fact, I'm now classified in all 5 US divisions. I took the level 1 RO class and am in the process of the CRO class (I'll try and complete mine soon so others can get in). It's a lot of fun, the people I shoot with are top notch, and I'm helping out whenever I can. I see that a lot of people have to pay a lot more or drive to get to a club that shoots it. I may live in a state that's not so gun positive, but I can't complain about the short distances I drive for my matches.

Last year I discovered 3-gun. Woo hoo, what a rush :)

Vince