Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken parts..

shred

There's not a lot better than snowboarding in fresh powder (now y'all know where I was last week.. I'm sure you missed me terribly), but cracking a rib getting off the powder onto an icy cat-track blows. At least I talked myself into believing it was a bruise and got 3 more days on the slopes. Ow.

There's not a lot better than snowboarding in fresh powder (now y'all know where I was last week.. I'm sure you missed me terribly), but cracking a rib getting off the powder onto an icy cat-track blows. At least I talked myself into believing it was a bruise and got 3 more days on the slopes. Ow.

OUCH, and just speaking from experience, DON'T LAUGH! :(

If you have my type of luck you will now come down with a wracking cough which will introduce you to new levels of pain.

I cracked a rib and damaged several intercostal muscles several years ago when what I thought was a nice bump in fresh powder turned out to be a fallen tree. How I didn't break a leg I haven't a clue. About two days later I came down with a chest cold. Scared the crap out of me because I was concerned that maybe it was a bruised lung. It wasn't.

I suggest you start taking vit C, Zinc and bourbon immediately. The first two to ward off a cold and the third...well, because it tastes good and it can't hurt. ;)

I'm still paying for the last time I talked myself into "playing with an injury".... Somehow twisted up my ankle right after Christmas, playing golf w/ my old man. Went back out and played another round two days later. The ankle still isn't right, and it's travelled up to the knee (probably from walking on the ankle wierd occasionally).

I'll bet you still had a blast, though, cracked rib and all ;)

Try not to breathe too deep :D

cracking a rib getting off the powder onto an icy cat-track blows. At least I talked myself into believing it was a bruise and got 3 more days on the slopes. Ow.

Dood. :wacko:

I hope you're paying someone to move you into that new house!

-Chet

Hey Shred, did you hear the joke about the..... :P

Nolan

ps I feel yer pain! Try riding a kick-start Harley from Seattle to San Francisco with 2 cracked ribs. Thank the lord I got rid of the rigid frame 6 months before the trip.

My rib experience goes back to LE academy and defensive training.

I ground fought the law (instructor) and the law won :o

Ended up that I had torn cartilage between 2 ribs :(

My Dr told me I would have been better off breaking them since the bone has a better blood supply and thus heals faster.

Rib injuries are really weird. I scrunched one just reaching over the edge of my damn' desk here a year ago and was unbelievably sore for weeks! Couldn't take a deep breath without a quick and ghastly reminder of what had happened. :wacko:

Rib injuries are really weird. I scrunched one just reaching over the edge of my damn' desk here a year ago and was unbelievably sore for weeks! Couldn't take a deep breath without a quick and ghastly reminder of what had happened. :wacko:

With mine it was over a week before I could sleep in bed. I spent that week sleeping in my recliner, the only thing that made it tolerable was Vicodin. I'd get maybe 3-4 hours sleep a night and the rest was just in and out. Sucks BIG time....

There's not a lot better than snowboarding in fresh powder (now y'all know where I was last week.. I'm sure you missed me terribly), but cracking a rib getting off the powder onto an icy cat-track blows.  At least I talked myself into believing it was a bruise and got 3 more days on the slopes.  Ow.

One of my mechanics is a snowboarder as well, three weeks ago he broke his arm while snowboarding (he missed the halfpipe) and is not able to work for two months, but I have to pay his salary for the first two weeks of illness (Dutch law).

His collegues are doing the job now but we have a problem with planning because he's not working now.

In the summertime this guy is in for wakeboarding...should I fire him?

What dayya think?